StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm starting to have second thoughts about buying a DL1000. Why? One, the clutch problem. Does the new clutch basket part actually fix the problem or does it just mask a problem that will rear it's ugly head again later as the basket starts to wear.

And, I'm starting to hear of WAY lean bikes from the factory. Will a dealer remap a bike under warranty?

Please guys, squash my reservations. I BEG YOU! I'm supposed to pick it up on Saturday (03, silver).

I am very worried about the reliability of this bike. I will definitely be getting the extended warranty and hope I don't have to use a bit of it.

C

·
0 Posts
1400 miles on mine this summer, and not a single issue. I love this bike and will never give it up! :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
I've done 7500miles since April all high speed 2 up touring without any issues, I don't think reliability is an issue, the TL was dead reliable so the DL should be as well.
My rattles and runs lean but the dealer is going to look at it at the next service, but it wouldn't put me off buying on that's for sure.

R

·
0 Posts
19000 miles for a 2002 and they were 90% hard ones.

Only issues were a chain and tires, but that is to be expected.

Buy it and enjoy it, or don't and always wonder what it would have been like to ride her (oops, wrong board. :) )

Seriously, you will not be making a bad decision.

Brendan

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys

Okay, this is more reassuring. I'm going to press on with the purchase. I hope to get it on Saturday. And, shortly thereafter, I'm going to throw a ZG Double Bubble on it (assuming I don't like the stocker).

R

·
0 Posts
Howboucha Kidder it looks like we are on at the same time!

Good luck with your purchase tomorrow and enjoy that first ride.

As a welcome gift, I will give you a @stromtrooper.com address if you want. :)

Let us all know how it went.

Brendan

M

·
0 Posts
Kidder,

Enjoy the Strom! Don't fall prey to the paranoia about the clutch. You may have it, you may not. You won't know for many thousands of miles. If you do the warranty should take care of it. I bought my 03 with extendend warranty too. There are some things the STrom does have, some say it's character - bah! Character means quirky or something you have to put up with. The Strom will shake a little at 3500 RPM. Mine does. I have mine in for first service now and with a TPS and TBS I am 100% confident that it will be taken care of, plus the bike needs quite a few miles to be broken in ala BMW.

I am loving my Strom more and more each day. I like it when I bought it but the true loving it is coming with time. The more I break it in the more fun it is. I have added a host of mods already and she is all set up for sport-touring (my favorite thing to do).

Ride safe and enjoy the bike for all that it is, I am.

btw - I have the ZG DB screen and the Cee Bailey 22" screen. The DB is the best solution IMO.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howboucha said:
As a welcome gift, I will give you a @stromtrooper.com address if you want. :)
Howboucha,

Thanks for the welcome gift! However, I already have a strom address:
[email protected]. ;)

So, is there a way to contribute to this site? Via paypal, etc.? I appreciate the time you've spent setting this up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts