StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DL650, just got it from second service(6000 km) and whatever they did, they sure did it great! The engine is sooooo smoooth now and the acceleration is something like 20% snappier. It feels like they have thrown in 20 more horse powers and smoothing the engine with honey or something.
They said the service should take 2 1/2 hour when i left it there, so they have done something more then changin oil, but what?

What could it be that they did to make my darling run sooo nice?

K-Strom

·
Adventure Boy®
282 Posts
K-Strom said:
DL650, just got it from second service(6000 km) and whatever they did, they sure did it great! The engine is sooooo smoooth now and the acceleration is something like 20% snappier. It feels like they have thrown in 20 more horse powers and smoothing the engine with honey or something.
They said the service should take 2 1/2 hour when i left it there, so they have done something more then changin oil, but what?

What could it be that they did to make my darling run sooo nice?

K-Strom
I always feel the way you did if I don't ride it for more than a day, so I can't say for sure... :)

Besides checking for deficiencies and lubing a few points, the 2nd service regarding performance is primarily oil and throttle body syncs.

Are you sure they didn't perform a 3rd service? Your miles are past a typical 2nd service. Maybe they cleaned the air filter and changed or gapped the plugs.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just had them do the first service. I just put in a new set of plugs and an air filter on Saturday. It's running so good at 11,000+ miles that I would be afraid to take it in so they won't mess something up.
My riding partner is at over 14,000 so he has to worry about the valves.
He has a phobia about letting someone work on his bike. Can't say I blame him. He gets to do everything first.
The great thing is that I get the benefit of his experience.
:lol: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts