StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience/comments about the Secdem shield?....I am in Canada and it would be very conveniant to try one.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
secdem

I got a Secdem shield last June. The shield is 53cm tall and 44cm wide( across the back. I have the bracket set in the lowest position and the bottom bolts were replaced so I could use 12mm spacers under the bracket ( I used a dremmel tool to cut the fairring plastic to give clearance and allow the bottom of the bracket to be raised) I also added 3 x 3mm rubber spacers under the bottom screws that hold the shield on. This rakes the shield back a lot. I also added a Black plastic edge to the shield to help "trip" the air flow and brake up some of the turbulance.
This configuration works very well for me. I am 5'11" with 33" inseam. I easilly look over the top edge. The air flow is very quiet and comfortable around my shoi full face and I usually keep the visor half open. I have about 10 000km with this shield and I am quite pleased.
I think all the shields are similar in profile to the stock shield and they are the wrong shape. The top part of the screen is steeper than the bottom. I think it should be straight or curved the other way.. my opinion.. not worth much.
The screen is good, you will still have to "play" with it and adjust it to fit you. It was less expensive than the US based products. It is available from a Canadian distributor ( in Quebec). Service was good, Delivery in about 3 weeks.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your information, very helpful. I have already ordered it from Clary, and was told it would be 3 weeks.

cheers!

ps:....do you have any pics of ur bike with the shield installed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts