StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in the Indianapolis area have a Sargent World Sport or Corbin Canyon seat I can try out? I don't want to have to order both and pay a restock fee to send one back.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Dang, there sure are a lot of Strommers around Indy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The more the merrier!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Be aware many people, including me, are of the opinion a Sargent or Corbin seat needs time to adapt to the rider or vice versa. In any case, a short term trial may not be valid. My relationship to my Sargent seat took about 1000 miles to establish itself.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be aware many people, including me, are of the opinion a Sargent or Corbin seat needs time to adapt to the rider or vice versa. In any case, a short term trial may not be valid. My relationship to my Sargent seat took about 1000 miles to establish itself.
Therein lays my conundrum! I want the seat that is going to be nicest on the boys! I seem to scoot too far forward with the stock seat and I can’t tell from photos which of the two have the least forward slant.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Therein lays my conundrum! I want the seat that is going to be nicest on the boys!
I never had that problem. That's really a function of the handlebars.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Therein lays my conundrum! I want the seat that is going to be nicest on the boys! I seem to scoot too far forward with the stock seat and I can’t tell from photos which of the two have the least forward slant.
I thought the same thing about the stock seat, pushes you forward on the "boys". I got a Corbin and it doesnt' do that at all. It slopes back and is much more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Just confirmed an order for a Corbin Canyon model yesterday. OEM seat was a real killer, gel seat worked for 2 or 3 years but my old superstructure needs more help nowadays.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ditto for my Corbin. In the beginning I was ready to trade it off for something softer. But once you break it in and it breaks you in then it's great. Took over 1000 miles to realize how great it is.

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMM I see nothing about BMW seats here:beatnik: John

·
Registered
981 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMM I see nothing about BMW seats here:beatnik: John
He's alive!

So what are you riding these days, John? I seem to recall some discussion a while back, and then it got all quiet from the Sarver front!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's alive!

So what are you riding these days, John? I seem to recall some discussion a while back, and then it got all quiet from the Sarver front!
FieroDude,

Not only was my first car a brand new 1988 Fiero, but Dirk Gently is my hero!

·
Registered
981 Posts
FieroDude,

Not only was my first car a brand new 1988 Fiero, but Dirk Gently is my hero!
I still have the 84 Fiero I bought in 1989. It is due for some restoration work including a new tranny (finally wore the original one out), but I have gotten a lot of grins out of that car over the years.

And Douglas Adams has so many fine words of wisdom. Such as:
"Human beings, who are almost unique in their ability to learn from their mistakes, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Or more relevant, on many days:
"Time is bunk."

·
Registered
626 Posts
You should contact Loren at Baldwin Saddles, he makes some of the finest seats "period". I have one for my C14 "thanks Badtraindriver" and it is the finest looking and most comfy seat I have ever seen or been on.

Baldwin Motorbike Saddles - Handcrafted Custom Motorcycle Seats
I have a Baldwin solo seat on my Wee. I rode out to KS last October and met with Loren Mock at his house. He rebuilt my seat (actually an OEM Vee seat) and shipped it to me in about four weeks. Workmanship was very good. I only have a few hundred local miles on it at this time. Am expecting to go to Branson soon, so will know the "longer distance" comfort at that time.

I'm in Columbus if you want to check it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts