StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the touring seat Suzuki has on their web site? There is virtually no information and a useless picture. Also the dealer mentioned that they may pick up some Suzuki gel seats for the V-Strom that they were expecting to be in production soon. Has anyone heard anything like that?
Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer parts guy (wonderfull) has ordered one of each seat. The 22mm drop touring seat and the new DL1000 gel seat. When they come in he is going to let me try both of them out on one of his showroom stroms. Ill let you know what I think when that happens.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the butt buffer guys @ www.buttbuffer.com as an alternative to the unimpressive Suzuki gel seats. You'll get a FAR better seat that's tailor fit to your tail end.

If you're serious about comfort, these guys are renown for their expertise and they're in Pennsylvania, not all THAT far from you. They're also pretty reasonably priced.

I've not used them but several friends on the East Coast recommend them as highly as Rich's Custom Saddles in Seattle. Like Rich's, they'll custom fit the saddle right to your backside.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I purchased the 20mm + Suzuki touring seat for my DL650. At 6'3" with a 32" inseam my knees are slightly bent and both feet are flat on the ground. The seat is broader and 1" higher then the original 650 seat. It definetly raises the center of gravity of the bike. I'm enjoying both the original seat and the 20mm +. What I can do now is go on a lenghty ride one day and then next switch to a different seat and get a totally different riding poisition the next day. You would have to be vary long legged for the 20mm+ seat to work on the DL1000.

Scooter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know about the touring seat Suzuki has on their web site? There is virtually no information and a useless picture. Also the dealer mentioned that they may pick up some Suzuki gel seats for the V-Strom that they were expecting to be in production soon. Has anyone heard anything like that?
Thanks
Greg
Don't bother with the Suzy gel seat. Bought one for my '07 four years ago, ended up selling it for half what I gave for it and going back to the stock seat. The gel will cook your kiester to a fare thee well after it sits in the sun for a while. After the stock one get's broken in and conforms to your butt it's not bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts