Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my K8 Wee recently with about 9000 miles. Service history documents were not included, and I want to go through it. I have changed oil and coolant.

This is my first fuel injected, ECU controlled motorcycle. I have experience synching my previous carbureted MC. I have a home made manometer.

Due to abrupt throttle response off the "throttle fully closed" position, I am wanting to check throttle body sync, and throttle position sensor, etc.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got my K8 Wee recently with about 9000 miles. Service history documents were not included, and I want to go through it. I have changed oil and coolant.

This is my first fuel injected, ECU controlled motorcycle. I have experience synching my previous carbureted MC. I have a home made manometer.

Due to abrupt throttle response off the "throttle fully closed" position, I am wanting to check throttle body sync, and throttle position sensor, etc.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
I've read that the 2007-09 DL650's are best adjusted by the dealer's SDS (dealer diagnostic) system to do it correctly.

Here's a looong thread on how to do it yourself anyway, at VSRI:
Throttle Body Sync for DL650(A)K7, A How To

Probably best to read it thru all the way for glitches reported by those who have done it.

Dealer mode for reading FI codes, including connector location on your DL650:
Diagnostic (or Dealer) Mode. What is this?

Another loooong thread, but reply #108 by Greywolf on idle reset after TPS adjustment is relevant for you:
Checking TPS question

Here's an old Suzuki movie for TPS/TBS adjustment:
http://www.vstrom.info/Movies/TPS_TB_Tuning.mpg

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
The '07 & later rarely need the throttles synchronized, and it takes an $80 screwdriver to do it. Carb Tool 90 Degree w/Bits | Motion Pro

The throttle position sensor is easy enough. The instructions on VSRI are good.

Adjusting your throttle cables. I like the pull-open cable to have as little slack as possible, close to zero slack. Don't get the pull-closed cable too tight, or it'll hold the throttles from snapping closed.

Train your right wrist. We can learn to very gradually crack the throttle open. Yes, the FI does make the opening grabby, but we can learn to work with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you. I have some more reading to do.
I am located in NE Seattle.
That right angle screw driver is awesome. I could have used it on the previous bike,
Previous bike also required a gentle touch off idle...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts