StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 650 for about a year and a half. I'm six feet 2, about 220 pounds.

Ever since day one I've had comfort issues. I found the seat hard and uncomfortable, and the wind buffeting has been pretty crappy. I bought a touring seat, then added some memory foam to the pad. I've tried the windshield up, down, middle. I have been considering changing the windshield too.

Recently I read a post about the proper way to sit on this bike. It involves re-training yourself to use a certain posture and seating position. I tried it, and had some success, except I found I was straining my neck a bit. Then I remembered the old stock seat I had in storage. So I changed back to the stock seat. Amazing!

I'm not 100% with this yet, but I am seeing a marked improvement. The buffeting is gone, and I am able to sit on that old seat much longer than before. So, I'm starting to believe that the problem all along wasn't the bike, it was me and the way I was sitting! I still have to get used to the new posture, but it is getting better. I think I will still modify the seat a little, but to help me maintain the new position.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Convert. Yeah, that's the post. I think he has a point there....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a mini novel he wrote there and i found it very hard to follow..that is until i stopped reading.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I started riding my lower back and butt were sore at the end of the day. After training myself how to sit and adding a sheepskin buttpad my upperback and shoulders whould get sore. Next I added bar backs which took care of my upper back and so on.

Now I can travel twice as far, but at the end of the day my azz still gets a little soar after a long ride. Next I may have a custom seat made for my weestrom.

Everones body is different, you have to try little things one at a time until you get it right. No bike is set up for everyone.

Good Luck with your strom :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am with Rob on this. That "mini novel" is insufferable. I have started to read it several times, hoping to learn what it is the author is trying to say but I just can't make it to the end. Why not DRAW a PICTURE and save a few thousand words?

I don't know why I bothered to read it anyway because in my blissful state of ignorance I don't have any big problems with the seat or my seating -- I keep going until I get there (taking the long way, of course) and that's what stops me, certainly not the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts