StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my rt. I am gonnna get a 650 vstrom. When I got the BMW the first thing in had to do was get an after market seat. BMW seats suck. My question is will I probably have to get a new seat for the vstrom?
I plan on buying it from Suzuki in corona ca. The reason being race tech Is located there and I thought I would upgrade the suspension etc

Any thoughts n advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
rode for 6 months on the stock seat. 45 min. to 1 hr, and i had redass. plunked down for a Corbin, and i can ride all day now. worth every penny.

P.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,612 Posts
I have an RT. The RT stock seat is a lot better than the 650 V Strom seat. Matter of torture really, how much can you take and for how long? A seat upgrade is one of the best improvements to the 650 you will make.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
7 letters: R.U.S.S.E.L.L.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I put 40K on my stock seat, there where times when my legs felt a little numb, mostly on the 3rd through the 5th days of continous riding. Breaks became a little more frequent.
I just put a used Sargent seat on today, so it should double my riding milage..right?

It looks sweet. Found it here in the sale column for 325.00

·
Registered
808 Posts
It depends. Maybe it's not a matter of "comfort" (ie, RT seat is better or worse than the Strom seat), but what fits you best.

Why not wait till you get the bike, then decide?

Just spent 25x 10-12 hour days on my stock seat, no complaints. Some can't stand it for more than 30 minutes. It's all personal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Agreed...personal pref. Stocker was "okay" for me but the Sgt was better and Seat Concepts just redid their prototype (which I was testing) and will have one that looks like the Sgt but much better foam and MUCH more cushion in the psgr area.

I'll post pics on a seat thread when I get it. As mentioned, the stocker may work great for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me the stock seat was torture. It was a 20 minute seat. Picked up a Sargent from an ad on this forum. Did the trick for me. 2 hour ride is no problem.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
My Rich's custom seat is the absolute tops, maybe a cut above Corbin/Sargent/Russell/Mayer/Mayer. He does mail order as well as ride-in.

All that said, when you're in Corona, you aren't too far from either of the Mayers. A ride-in custom seat is always better than mail order. As always, phone ahead for an appointment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After two years with the stock seat, I gave in and ordered a Corbin seat.I received it last week--it is one of the best things I've added to the Wee. Comfort---totally differend ride.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I upgraded to a Vee seat for my Wee and the extra leg room makes all the difference for both my legs and butt.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Took my Wee seat to the upholstery shop and had them remove the stock foam and replace it with memory foam, some of the best $125 I have spent.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
I upgraded to a Vee seat for my Wee and the extra leg room makes all the difference for both my legs and butt.
Maybe some day a Sargent seat, but so far the Vee seat has made a big difference in riding comfort.

YMMV

1 - 14 of 14 Posts