StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
2015 vstrom 1000
im getting a vibration through my seat at around 3500-4000 rpm and it is driving me mad. i stopped at the dealer to schedule a 600 mile service and he took it for a ride and said it is prob the nature of the beast. i dont agree.....any help please
thanks

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I've never noticed it on mine. I was just in PA but if you are ever up in Ontario for a ride you are welcome to come try my bike out.

·
Registered
997 Posts
hey everyone
2015 vstrom 1000
im getting a vibration through my seat at around 3500-4000 rpm and it is driving me mad. i stopped at the dealer to schedule a 600 mile service and he took it for a ride and said it is prob the nature of the beast. i dont agree.....any help please
thanks
You don't say if the vibration is only at the seat. If you can't feel it at the tank and foot pegs too ...then it is likely the seat or sub-frame it self.
If you do feel that vibration everywhere, ask your dealer to sync the throttlebodies. It is normally done at a later service.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You don't say if the vibration is only at the seat. If you can't feel it at the tank and foot pegs too ...then it is likely the seat or sub-frame it self.
If you do feel that vibration everywhere, ask your dealer to sync the throttlebodies. It is normally done at a later service.
After the lhs tank plastics were replaced on mine it had a shockingly bad vibration right on the 3500rpm mark. Turns out the plastics have a rubber stick on anti vibe strip between them and the tank and the dealer had left it off on the new part, maybe not realising it was supposed to be there.
So try putting your hand on the side plastics to see if it is those that are vibrating at that rev range and go from there?

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Last night when i was riding at 80mph indicated... I noticed my teeth were buzzing. I slowed down, but still didn't feel it go away.

So now i'm on the hunt to figure out if it's a nature of the beast thing...and i'm just so big that it's transmitting up the seat... or what.

I tried to pay attention...but i didn't really feel any buzz in the seat, pegs, or bars.

Gonna have to do a bunch of riding/testing/experimenting to see if i can figure out what factors into it.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
found my issue... if i'm sitting real straight upright, and butt is up against the back of the seat dish... the vibes are pretty much coming up from the pan, through my tailbone and up my spine. Altered my posture some and could make it disappear quite a bit.

gonna try a seat pad soon to see if it does anything. also asking people with the tall seats to check some things for me...that seat might solve my issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am having the same issue. I had my 600 mile service done and took it for a road trip and ended up taking almost 2 hours longer than it should have because I couldn't feel my arm after about 40 minutes. Took it back to the place that serviced and said the same thing. "Nature of the beast". I tried vibranators, BB's in the handlebars, handlebar risers thinking it might be a posture thing. Still didn't fix it so I said screw it and took it to a different dealer about 30 minutes away. 5 minutes with the mechanic and he said there was something wrong. Their machine was down for the scyncronizing and I just never had the chance to get it back up before winter set in. I just found the time, and the money, to get it back up there just last week and I received a phone call today saying they found nothing wrong but that I should remove the crash bars and go from there. I really like my vstrom but when I can't go on long rides what's the point of having it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts