StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, but would anyone in Ontario have a DL1000 stock or tall seat they would like to trade for my DL650 stock seat? I want a taller seat and I want to try this route first.

Thank you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Most people trade their 650 seat for a 1K. It might be easier to just pull the staples, add some foam and call it good. There's usually enough material to get it done.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Most people trade their 650 seat for a 1K. It might be easier to just pull the staples, add some foam and call it good. There's usually enough material to get it done.
If you add the foam UNDER the existing foam, rather than putting it on top it's pretty easy.
(No shaping).

Use a firm foam though if you want to avoid the "This seat is grinding a hole in my butt" feeling.

Pete

·
Registered
563 Posts
What do you use to re-staple the seat cover? I've tried an electric power stapler and an Arrow T-50 with poor results.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Results depend on how firm the base is. I used a used tire to put under the stapled area, try different length of staple legs, I used 5-6 mm, it works.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
No two butts are created alike. My butt hated the DL1000 seat more than it hated the DL650 seat.

This guy makes them both more tolerable: Page 1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts