StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took me awhile, but I finally found the seat that works for me. I tried the new Sargent first but felt it wasn't any better than the stock, so sent it back. I then bought a Saddleman Adventure Tour. For me it was a little better over stock, but not much.

Today I received my Russell Day Long. After a two hour ride this afternoon, I can already tell that this is the one. I know that won't be a surprise for most people who recommend them. The reason I held off as long as I did was I was worried about the increased distance to the ground. While the new seat is the highest of the other three that I have owned, it wasn't near as tall as I expected. By sliding forward at stops, I can easily put one foot flat without the bike leaning too much or both feet down on the balls. At start-up I seem to naturally slide right back in the pocket. I had reached the point where I was willing to lower the bike if I couldn't find a comfortable seat. But now I don't think I will have to lower it at all. I will wait for the 500 - 1000 mile break-in and then see how I feel.

Their service was great also. Two weeks from ordering to receiving.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What is your inseam and height?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am 5'9", 32" inseam and 180 lbs. I should have included that information in the previous post.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Another happy Russell owner. I still think it's the best mod I've done to my bike so far. Super comfy, all day long.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm completely satisfied with my corbin. I've put about 2700 miles on it now and I don't even feel it.

It's nice to have a comfortable bike, it's almost like a whole new bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got the Saddleman Adventure Track (the one with the deep channel running down the middle). Very different feel from the stock seat which was bothering me so much, I honestly couldn't ride the bike anymore. It feels much firmer than stock, but somehow it's very comfortable, go figure. The build quality is much better too which makes the $360 price seem reasonable. I'm 6' 1", 185lbs with a 32"-33" inseam.

Adventure Motorcycle Performance Seat - Adventure TRACK Seats

·
Registered
187 Posts
Glad you like the R. D. L.. Post pics please. Which style to you settle on? Sport style or the wide wing style?

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I just got the Saddleman Adventure Track (the one with the deep channel running down the middle). Very different feel from the stock seat which was bothering me so much, I honestly couldn't ride the bike anymore. It feels much firmer than stock, but somehow it's very comfortable, go figure. The build quality is much better too which makes the $360 price seem reasonable. I'm 6' 1", 185lbs with a 32"-33" inseam.

Adventure Motorcycle Performance Seat - Adventure TRACK Seats
I've got one as well - and yes, it does feel weird at first, but once you get used to it, it's wonderful. If you don't like seats that trap you in one spot, like the tractor-style seats (ala Russell), the Saddlemen is a great alternative which allows one to move around - and I'm a restless sitter on the bike!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went on an 8 hour 400+ mile ride yesterday and I couldn't be happier. It was a beautiful day. No pain the whole day. About 13 hours and 650 miles of seat time so far. The only time I would think about the seat was because I wasn't thinking about it. I also noticed that my knees didn't ache. I guess because I am sitting a little taller. I suppose the same effect would occur with a peg lowering kit.

I also don't think the height will be an issue, that was my biggest concern.

I got the half moon with the basket weave insert. Photos were requested, so here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I played the seat dance on my 06 and ended up with a Russell Day Long. Now all my bikes have Day Longs and I don't bother with the others first.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I went on an 8 hour 400+ mile ride yesterday and I couldn't be happier. It was a beautiful day. No pain the whole day. About 13 hours and 650 miles of seat time so far. The only time I would think about the seat was because I wasn't thinking about it. I also noticed that my knees didn't ache. I guess because I am sitting a little taller. I suppose the same effect would occur with a peg lowering kit.

I also don't think the height will be an issue, that was my biggest concern.

I got the half moon with the basket weave insert. Photos were requested, so here you go.
You are definately ruined now! LOL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine couple months ago, a week later headed out west , did 725 mi. first day. On way back did 770 mi. day. Did 5270 mi. in 9 days on a 2012 wee adv. I am 66 yrs. old and could not have done that with any other seat. Oh had one on a 2006 GS and did 957 mi . When I was 62. Love my Russell Day Long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts