StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals?

Does anyone use seat pads for long rides. Such as lambskins, bead pads, airhawks etc. I have a new gel seat, I like the positioning and firmness but seems to hold heat more. Of course I do live in Houston TX were it is 90 and 100% humidity most of the time.

Thoughts? Solutions?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just ordered a bead pad from sampson sport touring on a friends recommendation.should see it in a day or two.it's getting to be a little hot now and i rode his bike with it very briefly.i noticed the additional airflow immediately.i'll let you know how it works as soon as i get it.will certainly be nice to not get monkey-butt on those 100 degree days.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kawidan

I looked at the sight. No phone number to order. Mail or online only?
When I went to order form, price was 41.50? Let us know how well they work. Cruiser mag gave the beeds an exceptional write up, second only to airhawk, at a fraction of the cost.

Houston

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got about 80 miles seat time on the beaded seat cover today,looking forward to some long mileage this weekend.so far pretty good,the additional airflow is noticeable for sure.it seems to work keeping the nether regions from getting sweaty and uncomfortable.it's only getting into the upper 80's and low 90's so far,but this big of a seat i'm sure will not be nice to sit on when it gets into the 100's.one thing to note.i wear the roadcrafter in to work early in the am and it is a little slippery on the beaded surface.not a problem with jeans at all.just be aware that you will move around a little more under braking and acceleration when wearing cordura or similar bottoms.two thumbs up so far.will let you know once i get another 500 miles or so on it,should be only a couple of days. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered mine 2 days ago. How long did yours take to come in? Also read a posting on BeadRider.com. Sells via web and at rallies. Posting on a long ride by one of owners, IBA type ride. Uses beads on his seat with full gear also. Good read on 5 day ride from Florida to Alaska. Keep us posted on your experience. Let you know about mine.

Houston

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello,

I Currently ride a Kaw ZR7s Will be upgrading to a DL 650 this year.
The Seat on the ZR7 Sucks.

I tried the beads.. did not work for me at ALL.

I got an Airhawk I LOVE IT !
I did a 3 day trip recently through NC, WV and VA
My Butt felt great the entire time, not one incident of soreness.

Before, I wouldnt have lasted 2 hours.

for me it Makes the entire experience much better, when you rear isnt sore and your happy, it prevents the rest of your body from getting unhappy too.....

Kinda like this, you know when you wear earplugs, you get off after a day ride and you feel fine. But if you didnt wear earplugs you feel like someone hit you in the head w/ a 2 x 4.

Same thing with your butt..

airhawk : you get off the bike and feel great.

it's pricey but well worth it in my book

I paid 150.00 at Autumn Gold Motorcycle supply..just do a google search for them fast and friendly

best of luck

chris

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my beadrider seat pad on Sat in post. Put them on immediately. Looks ok. Short in town ride. ''Feels" promising. Need to do a day ride to really tell. Air hawk possibility. Just not up to spending 150bucks yet. If beads solve problem is a much cheaper fix.

Houston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts