StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 05 1000 today. :D
Only put 15 miles on it so far. I am not sure I like the seat ergos. I am 6'5" and feel a little cramped on the stock one. I think it would be better if I sat higher up or further back. I'll give it some more saddle time.

What are my options as far a changing the seat?

Suzuki lists a tall seat +20mm as an accessory. This doesn't seem like a lot addition. What is the feed back from you tall guys outs there?

Or would it be better to get a custom one made that is more of a flat top?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I got both things you are searching for with a custom Russell Day long saddle.. I could not be happier.. I can ride 8+ hours pain free now where in stock form I was hurting in 10 minutes!

D

·
0 Posts
I'm 6'3 220 lbs. Had trouble with comfort, buffeting, endurance. Could only stand the stock seat for 20 minutes.

Bought the OEM touring seat. Feels a lot higher, its basically the same seat with more padding. Then I had memory foam inserts put in the seat. Now the buffeting was worse because Im sitting higher. Comfort was lots better, but still not great.

Then I read a post about proper seating position. I adjusted my seating position accordingly. A bit better. So, I went back to the stock seat and tried an 8 hour ride. Not bad. Comfort was much better, and zero buffeting.

I'm still trying to teach my body to accept the seating position, but I think thats the problem for most of us. The bike is designed for a bent elbow, bend-at-the-hips seating position, not upright like a SJM.

And the cost is ....zero.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts