StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im sure some of you have heard about "Spencers seat mod" Ive been in contact with him, and after reading his write up in rider mag. it says his Mod performs as well as any of the more expensive seats they tested for about 30% of the cost. I am sending him my seat this week, he is doing a full rider and passenger mod, with the flex gel material, he says the seat will continue to look stock he also can lower at no extra cost.
I will post my review when I get this done next week.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turn around on the seat was quick, I sent it out Mon. and it was recieved Thurs. afternoon. cost for shipping was around $18 each way which gave me a total cost of around $110.... the seat looks completely stock, I can feel the neweer material from sitting on the bike, he creates a sweet spot from my first impression , I will check back after I have put some miles on the seat.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to your full review after you put in a few hundred miles. Does his flex gel material have the same butt burning problem as the suzuki gel seat? I don't have a gel seat, but I've heard that in direct sun it can really be a scorcher.

Good luck with the seat, I hope you like it.

bogey78

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know about the heat issues yet , cause I have not left her in the sun(i work at night)
I have done two one hour rides, and I notice a difference in the comfort, and pressure areas the most. Its like he put in a strategic pocket of flex gel, where you need it most, I like the way it takes dampens most vibrations.
I believe it is money well spent, but the bang for the buck will be the 5 hour rides coming up next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts