StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m picking up my new 2018 DL1000XT on Tuesday. So does anyone know if it’s possible to remove the painted on “Suzuki” in white on each side of the seat without damaging the seat fabric.

I’ve done some searches and found that people say that they have removed painted on lettering from motorcycle seats with brake cleaner and goo- gone as well as some other methods.

:wink2:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Don't know. I've used goo-gone on other stuff without it ruining it. I might try a drop on the seat material where it wraps under the seat structure and is stapled and wait a week or two to see if it eats up the vinyl.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know. I've used goo-gone on other stuff without it ruining it. I might try a drop on the seat material where it wraps under the seat structure and is stapled and wait a week or two to see if it eats up the vinyl.
That's what I already am planning on doing, using a Q-tip to apply a few things on the bottom of the seat to how the vinyl reacts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a bran new 2014 seat if you want to trade. I like the white lettering.
Where do you live, and did you take the stock seat off your 2014 and replace it with an after market seat. When I go to the dealer tomorrow to pick up my bike I'm going to see what the part number is for the 2018 black seat, and see if it's the same as the 2014 seat part number.

:wink2:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It wouldn't be the same part number as one has the lettering and the other one doesn't but I'm 99% sure the structure is the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a bran new 2014 seat if you want to trade. I like the white lettering.
Where do you live, and did you take the stock seat off your 2014 and replace it with an after market seat. When I go to the dealer tomorrow to pick up my bike I'm going to see what the part number is for the 2018 black seat, and see if it's the same as the 2014 seat part number.

I just bought the bike as a new leftover in March of this year. I bought the Suzuki tall seat. I live in northern Virginia.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just bought the bike as a new leftover in March of this year. I bought the Suzuki tall seat. I live in northern Virginia.
Thanks for the reply and let me think about it, but after 400 miles on the seat I think I will be doing a ride in to a really good seat guy in Redding CA, Seth Laam.

He reworked the front seat on my 2013 FJR1300 by adding several different types of foam to the seat, and then reshaping the foam and recovered it and the passenger seat to match, and it's been on of the best seats I've every sat on and super comfortable, and looks great to boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts