StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Has anyone swapped an OEM original factory Suzuki seat from a 2014-16 DL1000 to a 2018 DL1000? If so, are these seats the same physically and fit on the bike the same etc?

I saw that Suzuki accessory catalog has different part numbers for the 2014-16 than the 2018, but I'm not sure if that is because the color schemes are a bit different.

Also, I see that the 2018 has different part numbers for the frame covers. Not if that affects how the seats will fit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I can also confirm, yes; they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the confirmation that the seats interchange.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could it be because the '14-'16 seats do not have "SUZUKI" stenciled across it's flanks like the 2018s? Maybe owners of '18s are finding low/tall Suzuki seats listed for '14-'16 models for sale used at a discounted price? Or perhaps aftermarket seats are available for the earlier model and not yet shown for the 2018? As the owner of a 2018 with the Suzuki accessory seat installed (and loving BTW) I'm curious to know the logic myself.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian- The reason I was asking this question, was because I was talking with a custom seat builder who had a seat from a '14 and we weren't 100% sure if it would fit my 18. We were discussing that he would modify his '14 seat and then I would keep my unmolested snazzy yellow XT seat for someday TBD. In the end, I bought the modified '14 seat from the builder and it fits perfectly. He did a great job on the seat too. I wanted better passenger accommodations than what I could find from the available aftermarket pre-built seats.

Mr H- The seat part numbers would be different because of color schemes. Also, the '18's seat base is white polypropylene plastic while the older seats were black colored.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies, so far I love the bike but the seat sucks. Did 300 miles yesterday and my butt still hurts. Like it has a pressure point at tail bone. Wants to roll my hips forward. Great thing is I can stand up while riding instead of having to pull over. I will take seat cover off and start carving it flatter. I'm 5'11" 290#. No ass my wife says but a belly and handles. Also only 30" inseam so all torso. This is a mostly highway bike that I can take on dirt roads so seat comfort is important.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2016 seat for my 2018. Found the yellow seat showing up dirt after only 3 rides since new. Also has anyones seat started to crease. Mine has a definate crease on the yellow top layer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts