StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I live in Prince George BC and just got a 2015 vstrom dl650 . after two hours my butt is sore and looking for relief. any other bike I have had I have gone to Richs custom seats in Kingston, washington. when he is done you sit in the bike not on the bike and you can ride all day. do to the border being closed I am kind of at a loss. looked around and there is an upholstery place in edmonton, never could get a ballpark figure from them what it would cost, and a woman in vancouver, that is too busy to take on any new work, and a place in Calgary that will do it. so that is where I am headed. 9 hours ride on that hard seat but hopefully they can make it good so i can ride home in comfort. be safe and enjoy the ride.............

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well I live in Prince George BC and just got a 2015 vstrom dl650 . after two hours my butt is sore and looking for relief. any other bike I have had I have gone to Richs custom seats in Kingston, washington. when he is done you sit in the bike not on the bike and you can ride all day. do to the border being closed I am kind of at a loss. looked around and there is an upholstery place in edmonton, never could get a ballpark figure from them what it would cost, and a woman in vancouver, that is too busy to take on any new work, and a place in Calgary that will do it. so that is where I am headed. 9 hours ride on that hard seat but hopefully they can make it good so i can ride home in comfort. be safe and enjoy the ride.............
First I would try Sit&Fly. You can find it on E-bay and is only 25-30USD with free shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am short in one end so want to get the seat cut down so my legs aren't pushed way out there, and get a gel pad in. thanks for the input,I will post on the new seat when I get back home.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
A sheep skin cover may also help. :cool:

Reactions: muleskinner

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
The stock seat doesn't work for a lot of folks. I've never found a seat topper that made an uncomfortable seat comfortable. If the shape of the seat is wrong for you a different shaped seat is the fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts