StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a "Wee", but put a "V" seat on last year and now the vinyl is starting to separate at the seam on top, right where the passenger portion of the seat starts.
What is my best option? Find a local upholstery shop and recover, or would it be cheaper to find another used seat?
Anyone else had this happen?
Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My seat split too. Same place and a couple others as well. I bought a new seat cover through eBay, pulled out the old staples, followed the instructions and stapled the new cover on. The cost was about $65 (item number 390349531410) and it was a good fit. You'll need a heavy duty stapler and 8mm and 10mm T50 staples.

Good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect! Just ordered one, Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does the Strom seat have a seam in it? I'm still just lurking here until I get a Strom, but currently ride an SV650S which has a pretty simple seat. This weekend I reupholstered my own seat. You can just go down to the fabric store and buy some spray adhesive and vinyl, make your own "pattern" (I just cut a rectangle and trimmed the excess afterwards) and staple that puppy back on. It looks professional unless you flip the thing over and see the mess underneath. But I also only ended up spending $15 and 30-45min of time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seats do have a seam, they are a cheap pressed/heat molded type, not sewn. The replacement cover worked perfect for me and didn't cost too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts