Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if these were ever discussed before, but I found these seat covers in Thailand. They are about 1/4 inch thick and look like a heavy-duty hair net. They're sold for use on scooters and come in different sizes so I tried one out for two months on my Honda Click, and it worked great in the heat.
I bought another XL size and brought it home to try on my DL650. It has Velcro straps to secure it to the seat, but they do not reach around the V-Strom seat so I laced it on with cord and finally tested it this week on a 1200 mile ride through WV. It laces on so that it looks almost stock, but in the photo it is laced on a bit loosely.
It really worked great- it lets cool air under your butt and changes the way the seat compresses, so I can ride the whole day without severe pressure points or that feeling that my butt is stuck to the seat through my pants. At the end of two 8 hour riding days it was more comfortable than than my beaded seat cover, (but I was still looking forward to getting off the bike).
The cover also prevents rain water from pooling up under your butt when riding, enables you to sit on the seat right after a rain or in the morning dew, and prevents the seat from getting hot if the bike is sitting in the sun before a ride. I like it better than my beaded seat cover and it works for a passenger as well. It will be staying on my seat until the weather gets cold.
(I always wear padded bicycle shorts on long rides, so the comfort may be different without them. On 2-3 hour trips around home it was comfortable but I could start to feel the material though my pants).
They sell for around $10 to $13 at bike shops there. I don't know if they are available here in the USA.
If anyone would be interested in ordering a dozen or so (to make shipping costs reasonable per each cover), I think I could arrange for someone to buy them and ship them.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
That looks really cool, Eegah! (pun intended)
If I didn't live "up north" and have a sheepskin that I like, I'd want to try one. You can certainly say you've got an exotic seat cover...:beatnik:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have seen this cover on a lot of BMWs at the rallys.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dug the package out of the bottom of my garage garbage can this morning- It has Korean font and beside that the name "MOTOMURA" in English at the top, with "Product Racing by Hitech" under it. It is a 2XL.
The thing works well for summer. I'm going to bring a few extra back with me if I have room next trip.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks close to the one I bought. I looked at some of my friends over in Thailand and each one had three Velcro straps to tighten and hold them onto the seat.
I like the description from that website link.

"Features

Prevent bask in, the cushion sets keeps cold and relaxed, not fever
Take high - tech special material, heat insulation, breathe freely
The diamond shape cellular type stereoscopic structure, Suitable for variety of vehicles"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts