StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like Seat Concepts has finally released a couple of products for the 2017 + 650. THEIR standard foam and cover kits in standard and tall configurations. I think I will be looking into one of these. I've really liked their seats on other bikes that I own.

·
Vendor
5,084 Posts
You beat me to it. They sent the dealers an email. We don't stock them, but it is pretty darn good way to get a more comfortable seat.

https://seatconcepts.com/collections/suzuki/2018+suz-vstrm650?utm_source=ConstantContant&utm_medium=PR1%2F30%2F19&utm_campaign=DL650

Retail: $214.99 and they don't allow discounts.

If someone wants to organize a group buy we could make a large order in order to move up production dates. It can sometimes take a while (6 weeks to months) if they are not in stock.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,939 Posts
I don't know all their products, only the kit a PO installed on my '07 Vee.

It's pretty great. I've ridden some long stretches but never had to stop due to seat discomfort.

The kits are modestly priced and not nearly so fancy as Corbin et al, but mine has been surprisingly comfortable.

·
Vendor
5,084 Posts
I tried it on my 2014 Vee2. It is not nely as comfortable as teh Shad Comfort Seat on long trips, but it is an improvement over stock for sure.

The stocks eat had me alternately hanging but cheek off to side to rest after only two hours. With the seat concept and blue jean fatigue starts at a bout two hours and by six your done. the seat concepts with riding pants is better, figure a half a day before discomfort starts to show up.

However, that is on the Vee2 Seat Concepts seat. The pan is different on the 2017 DL650 so I guess we will have to wait for someone to buy one and report.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When I purchased my '12 Wee, a SC seat was installed by the PO & I love it. I can't compare to the stock seat. I can say the I installed a SC seat on my DR350 after 12k miles on my stocker. The SC seat is incredible on that bike!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts