StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my bike, brought it home, and winterizing it. I removed the seat and brought it inside to keep it in room temperature conditions.

What should I use to condition it, and clean it?
I already have Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer but I'm guessing this isn't appropriate.

What do you guys use for our particular seats, and how do you apply it?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I use Meguars Vinyl and plastic Cleaner & Conditioner. Spray it down or wipe with a microfiber towel sprayed with it on, let sit for 5 minutes, wipe off the excess, and buff dry.
Been using it for years. Infact, I just got a 47-year old Kustom guitar amp and speaker cabinet, tuck & roll uppholstery. Used the Meguars, looks like new.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You don't want it to get the seat too slippery (not sure if stock seat or other covering). It helps to be firmly planted on the seat when applying some of the "english" you need to successfully ride the bike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've used Protectant 303 in the past. I couldn't find it the last time so I used Lexol Vinylex. Seems to work well. Not slippery which is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Boy you are totally overthinking and overdoing this winterizing thing!

Just change the oil but now that it is so cold and difficult to warm up the engine properly for the change you may as well leave it until spring or until the next change is due. Leave the rest of the bike alone unless there is maintenance necessary that you want to do in the off-season. I assume you have it out of the weather?

If you don't have already one, get a battery tender and hook the bike up to it to maintain the battery.

Read up here on trip reports, farkles etc. That's a better use of your time and $$. You will be ready for spring action in a couple of month that way.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I condition the seat with my ass. Winterizing for me is installing the hippo hands, high windscreen, and heated gear controller...js 12.5F when I left for work this morning.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
The OP obviously loves his new bike, but he is waaaaaayyyyyyy over thinking and or worrying about things which he shouldn't be. The way some of us ride and treat these bikes needs to be taken into serious consideration, and the Stroms just beg for more.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The way some of us ride and treat these bikes needs to be taken into serious consideration, and the Stroms just beg for more.
Not sure what you mean...:confused::wink2:

Reactions: Big B

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Oh how precious, it's doing a Strom angel!!!

Reactions: lmike6453

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was cleaning off the winter salt...with snow.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
I was cleaning off the winter salt...with snow.
Is this procedure outlined in the manual? I can't seem to find it.

Must it be done in snow, or will sand suffice?

And where might one find replacement turn signals?

Argh. Must take sarcasm pills. And extend a hearty welcome to our new member. And extend apologies to GW for quoting a previous post. It's been a long, sarcasm-inspiring day.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This procedure is in the "User's" manual, not the "Owner's" manual. As far as turn signals go, I have the folding type (also not found in the parts listing). I made them myself with the following parts: 1 broken turn signal, 1 short metal brace, 1/4 roll electrical tape (your choice of color). This way when the bike hits the ground the turn signal will not break (again), it will just fold at the original break.

I also welcome the new member and apologize for and past or future snide remarks...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts