StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I ordered a large one frome sears online, on sale, and they sent me an email and canceled my order due to none in stock. I called and they said it would be mid July before they got more.

My question is when I am looking at them on Sears and JC Whitney websites I see some listed as matte and some listed as glossy. Is this correct that their is a difference? I have them as side luggage and a Givi top box. My father in law broke one of my boxes and I need to replace one and want it to match. Is there a glossy one and a matte one? I believe mine are large but they don't look glossy to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
First off I ordered a large one frome sears online, on sale, and they sent me an email and canceled my order due to none in stock. I called and they said it would be mid July before they got more.

My question is when I am looking at them on Sears and JC Whitney websites I see some listed as matte and some listed as glossy. Is this correct that their is a difference? I have them as side luggage and a Givi top box. My father in law broke one of my boxes and I need to replace one and want it to match. Is there a glossy one and a matte one? I believe mine are large but they don't look glossy to me.
I have that same question. I did a "live chat" with customer service and they couldn't even find the product. I tried to send them a link and then just gave up. Don't they advertise the medium as glossy and the large as matte? I wanted to know if they had the large in glossy.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Sorry forgot to answer your question about the finish of what you have now. It looks to me like you have matte finish that's nice and new or recently treated with an Armour-all type of product.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Those are identical to the one I got from sears. I dont rmember if it said Matte or glossy, that didnt really matter to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,
When they canceled my order I called them and the customer service lady on the phone told me that they were not listed on the website and I was looking at them while I talked to her.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the large one and it's certainly not 'glossy'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah mine are not "glossy" either but I think their websites list the large as glossy. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna end up with the wrong box, if they will get them back in stock.

When I read that description that says glossy I think of something that is painted, like the upper on the bike.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here's a picture of mine new right after I mounted it on the bike. Certainly not glossy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ordered this truck about a week ago. Still has not arrived. No email either. Hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who did you order yours from? I had ordered mine from Sears. It was about a week and a half before I got the email. By the way the customer service lady on the phone said that the supplier was JC Whitney.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sear trunk

I ordered a large from sears. after eight days with no email i called them. after talking to three people i ended up canceling the order. a few days later they sent me a email saying it was back ordered. i am not happy with sears service. JC Whitney trunk was also back ordered. i ordered one from ebay motorbox6 and it looks the same (just bigger) as the medium i bought from JC Whitney. price with shipping was $79.99.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Who did you order yours from? I had ordered mine from Sears. It was about a week and a half before I got the email. By the way the customer service lady on the phone said that the supplier was JC Whitney.
Ordered mine through Sears also. Just got the email today which said I will receive a credit to my charge card.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called them again last night to double check and the large ones are not available.:thumbdown: The medium ones still are. Anybody got a large one they want to part with?:mrgreen: I looked at the ebay ones and the overall look is the same but the reflector is different and the emblem on the lid is different. I need one to match my other side box.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ordered mine through Sears also. Just got the email today which said I will receive a credit to my charge card.
I hope you have more success than I have had. My situation is different but I have been waiting since the end of April and no credit to the card yet. I talked with 3 or 4 people before I talked with a manager who ASSURED me it would be handled. It wasn't. No more Sears OnLine for me. :rantoff

·
Registered
176 Posts
I called them again last night to double check and the large ones are not available.:thumbdown: The medium ones still are. Anybody got a large one they want to part with?:mrgreen: I looked at the ebay ones and the overall look is the same but the reflector is different and the emblem on the lid is different. I need one to match my other side box.
They canceled my medium trunks order yesterday (too good a deal to pass up): Let's see how long it takes to get a credit. The Senior VP has her own thread on ADVrider: "Jo momma"

We are so sorry. We made a mistake. The items listed below are no longer available so we have canceled your order for these items and promptly credited the amount back to your account.

We hope you will forgive us and give us another chance to meet your needs. Our Personal Shoppers are ready to assist you in finding a comparable product and replacing your order. They can be reached at 1-800-290-8390.

Sincerely,
Imran Jooma
Senior Vice President, e-Commerce

Item #: 060524-10624
Qty. Canceled: 2
Date Canceled: 05-Jun-2010
Price: $64.98

http://auto.sears.com/staticcontent/images/imagecache/I_060524_SW_1.jpg

Fortunately, I was able to get a set of large from JC Whitney in early May:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hope this isn't the case. Today was day 7 of my online order. so far no delivery truck. Ships in 24 hrs my arse. Tomorrow it seems i'll be on the phone in order to get to the bottom of it. Pretty easy to update a web site if you're out of stock.:furious: Especially, if i'm not going to be the only one calling them up.

heres hoping

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called Sears customer service twice and none in stock. They checked with the supplier and it was JC Whitney and they said none for a month or two.

Yeah they should update their site a little better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called Sears customer service twice and none in stock. They checked with the supplier and it was JC Whitney and they said none for a month or two.

Yeah they should update their site a little better.
Yep, just got off the phone with sears.:headbang: July 9 by the earliest. Just canceled mine as that's when my rode trips start up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered my large top case on 5/9. Ships in 24 hours, I received a charge to my CC right away and then nothing until 5/25 when I received an e-mail saying it had shipped. When I checked the site, the tracking number was all zeroes. I waited a week; no case, still no tracking number. I e-mailed them and they recommended I be patient and contact them if it hasn't arrived in 3-4 days. Today, it has been 4 more days that I remained patient (it didn't kill me, but I did not like it). Patience over, so I e-mailed them again. This is their statement: "You're right! It's time for an update." then they went on to say I should be patient and if I haven't heard anything from them in 5-7 business days to contact them again. Then went on to tell me about some of the special internet deals at Sears and K-mart. :headbang:

What a bunch of jackasses. I replied requesting them to cancel my order and refund my money, and stating that I would shop with an e-commerce business who knew how to manage their orders and knew a thing about customer service in the future.

Instead of "ships in 24 hours", their slogan should be "if you're lucky, you might get one".:furious:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dang . . . I think I got the last 2 Large JCWhitney trunks . . . they don't even list the large on-line anymore ??

Sears did issue credit . . . took 5 days to show on my on-line card inquiry.

If it sounds too good of a deal to be true . . . it probably is. I did get the 2 lg trunks for $119 delivered . . . I switch them back and forth between bikes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts