StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was a bit frustrating. I tried different combinations and I kept getting the error the word is too common.

I am trying to find out if my Wee has rear passenger foot pegs from the factory. My 2K5 does not have any on it.

Any idea where I can buy some? I can't even find the OEM diagram on www.bikebandit.com.

Thanks guys,

-Steve

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It does. The footrest section of the fiche is the one to check. Post in the wanted section. Maybe somebody who took theirs off will sell.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Pat, thanks for the fiche. Is there a spec on part #18 on that fische? That is the bolt I need to swap out for a longer version so I can add higher rear footpegs.

Is that fiche online? From Ron Ayers?

·
38,048 Posts
09106-08074 is the part number. Fiches are available from Ron Ayres, Oneida Suzuki, MRCycles, Bikebandit etc..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Someone took mine doh, now I need to find some.

-Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just searched the entire Service Manual to find out what the torque limit is for attaching/tightening the rear foot peg bolt, but I can't find anything. Does anyone know how tight is supposed to go? My right side is loose after a tip over.

·
38,048 Posts
Suzuki's chart for 8mm grade 7 bolts says 16.5 lb-ft. That's interesting because 16.5 is what is recommended for a lot of 6mm bolts including the front fork tube pinch bolts. I always thought that was way too much. Ditto for 72.5 lb-ft on the rear axle and 25.5 lb-ft on the bolts often used to install engine guards.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I have seen engineering specs that say 1/4 turn past where the bolt is seated for common hardware.

This would not apply to hardware with non-standerd threads, like Acme threads or pipe threads, or things like axle bolts where load on the bearing race is important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts