StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure there is a solid reason, I just can't think of what it is. The limitations on searching is killing me right now.

All I want to do is find more information on the Elka shocks. But 4 letter words are to short. "Elka" just gets me no response...or if I put "Elka Shock", it doesn't search Elka, just shock.

Why is it limited to 4 letters. "rear suspension", "rear shock", "rear lift"....all 4 letters words...can't search them.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Use the Google search box in the center under the button bar instead of the search button inside the bar.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
search engine

I am sure there is a solid reason, I just can't think of what it is. The limitations on searching is killing me right now.

All I want to do is find more information on the Elka shocks. But 4 letter words are to short. "Elka" just gets me no response...or if I put "Elka Shock", it doesn't search Elka, just shock.

Why is it limited to 4 letters. "rear suspension", "rear shock", "rear lift"....all 4 letters words...can't search them.
I concur - the site search function is as "useless as tits on a bull", to quote my old boss

so for real searches I use google (and sometimes I also tell it to go to only our web site)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The problem is the index gets huge when the search terms get shorter. When Brendan owned the site, the index overwhelmed the servers with fewer letters allowed. Google and Yahoo allow a site parameter and are all about throwing resources at searches.

I only use the built in function if I need more parameter limits, like a subforum or poster name.

·
Super Moderator
4,481 Posts
If you are on a forum where the Google search feature isn't enabled, try Google with a format like this:

DL650 Elka site:stromtrooper.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts