StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a discussion a few weeks ago about a tool or storage tube which some people sourced from an agricultural supply store. So not wanting to be a pest (and get chided for my laziness) I used the search function of this site to try to find it. Naturally, I put in "tool tube" and this is what I got:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : tool, tube
Now, if it won't accept search words that are long, short or common, just what the hell will it accept? Something in ancient Norse?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
You used the wrong search button. Use the Google custom search button in the middle of the page, not the search button on the top bar above it.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Moedad.

And thanks, Greywolf, for the tip. But it leads me to wonder why this site host includes a built-in search function that doesn't really work.

Oh, well...yet another of life's imponderables.:headbang:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Thanks, Moedad.

And thanks, Greywolf, for the tip. But it leads me to wonder why this site host includes a built-in search function that doesn't really work.

Oh, well...yet another of life's imponderables.
The size of the site makes the index created for search purposes larger than the servers can reasonably handle unless the limits on the index and search parameters are too restrictive. It works okay for smaller sites but the traffic here is major.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts