StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer sometimes gives a few lazy kicks on start up instead of sweeping the full dial and back.
To research the issue, I'm trying to use the search function but if I use "speedometer" I get a whack of non related threads. There is one thread using the word "Jittery" but it was inconclusive as nobody had any information.
Any suggestions for the appropriate key word?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Most problems have occurred for a number of riders. Stuff like the clutch switch wires coming loose, headlights going off and handlebar end weights being completely unscrewed are all too common. Things like stators burning out are fairly rare but not unheard of. I don't know if I've ever read about a speedometer doing that. I would guess such an anomaly would be related to something like the loss of headlights and could be from a marginal connection. Check the connectors, especially the large connector in the fairing and the connection to the instrument panel. An uncommon problem is less likely to be found in a search.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greywolf.
I'll start checking at the front and work back to the battery.
If I find anything worth noting, I'll attach it here.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Try using google with the prefix "site:stromtrooper.com". Works well for me.

·
38,103 Posts
There is a Google search box right under the Calendar button at the top of each page now. Just put the search term in there. It's no longer necessary to go to Google and add the site criterion. The question here is what term to use in the search.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well wouldjah look at that.

Same cat, skinned two different ways, IMO. Using chrome my method is trivial. And you can add/edit/muck with the search over and over again. I thought it was worth sharing.

·
38,103 Posts
It is the best way to search the site. The Google custom box just makes it easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts