StromTrooper banner

SE Washington State; Tri-Cities, Yakima, Walla Walla, etc.

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jathkajoe 
#1 ·
What's up guys it's getting nice out! What's some of your favorite places to ride your Strom? Chime in Eastern Washington V-Strom owners!

Have you ridden yet this year? Where have you gone?

I like to ride to Hover park and do a little dirt riding lately. Nice little drive from town starting out at 25 MPH, then 35 and 50 mph for about 20 minutes to get there. Ride around 20-30 minutes and come back. The bike has quite a bit of dirt on it. I still need to clean it!

#2 ·
Talonstrom72,

First time I've visited this part of the forum, saw your post. I'm also in Kennewick, ride a, '06 DL1K. Perhaps we could connect locally some time? Right now I'm doing some preventive maintenance on the moto, good time to do it with theh snow we've gotten.

JathkaJoe

#7 ·
Notacop, Yes, real winter here for a change. Good thing about the colder weather is the ice cream doesn't melt of the cone before you can eat it.

Nvr2old, Spokane Valley, why that's about 2 hours up the road. Was there in late December picking up a pair of socks from Cycle Gear. You guys get more real winter than we do here.

JathkaJoe

#8 ·
Yes we do, though this year I rode multi able times in Dec and Jan. Now I have about 2' in my yard and it hasn't gotten above freezing in 2-3 weeks.

#9 ·
Nvr2old,

Similar winter pattern here this year. Rode New Year's Day. Now the Strom is on the work stand, removed swingarm, checking all the rear suspension bearings, replacing the chain buffer, after that its on to check the valves, then secondary butterfly and TB synch, then I should be ready for the season. Our neighborhood has seen a plow once, but when the sun returns and the wind blows again it'll all melt or sublimate pretty quickly.

JathkaJoe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.