StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the owner of a Jeep and a Wee is ridiculous. Throw in some guns and screw yourself completely!!??????

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Often

I've often thought ownership of a Jeep was a sign of an inferior intellect. Not sure a Wee is significant.

Had a friend that was into serious off-roading many years back. He built up a number of vehicles, but never a Jeep. Asked him why, and he said, with a Jeep, you basically jack up the radiator cap and replace everything else.

Perhaps they are better now.

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
Hey, I had 2 jeeps. A 1965 CJ5 and a 1966 CJ6 Tuxedo Mark IV. Fabulous fun.
They weren't over priced back then.
If you don't like Jeeps, your taste is all in your mouth. It's the quintessential start of what became the off road market.
Although, there were some tracked and 4WD Model T's.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I've never seen much purpose in having a snorkel. Of course, I've never needed to ford a river while in a vehicle in order to survive (and probably never will)... At any rate, by the time the water is deep enough to enter the cabin and destroy the interior and wiring, the engine is still mostly above the water line with the standard intake well above it...

Perhaps the units with factory fitted snorkels are also hardened against water ingress to the cabin and all the wiring connectors?

Can someone with a snorkel enlighten me some? I've always been a little curious as to how they are typically used and what their limitations are.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Being the owner of a Jeep and a Wee is ridiculous. Throw in some guns and screw yourself completely!!??????
Hmmm....2015 JKU in Anvil here, but we snagged the Lifetime Factory Warranty which is no longer available, so it forces me to keep it reasonably stock.

Then a few days ago my LGS was selling Ruger LC9S's out the door for his cost.....$205. Did I need it? Hell no, but now I just ordered 1 thousand rounds of practice 9MM for it, and a rubber grip, and 2 extra mags and a N82 IWB holster and and.................

So I have no idea of what you are talking about.........>:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Isn't it also customary to put a 6 foot log jack across the hood to match the snorkel and carry a couple 5 gallon jerry cans because fuel stops in suburbia are sometimes a mile apart.

Around here lots of jeeper people with 40" mud tires, 8" lift, snorkel, 6 foot jack straped across the hood, roof rack, jerry cans, tube bumpers with winches and more shackles hanging off them than a 500T crane has on board. As you walk buy them you can see the frame is clean and obviously the vehicle has never even seen a gravel road.

My BIL is one of these douchers but in all fairness even w/o the jeep he's a monumental douche but thats a different story.

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
The CJ6 I owned had been modified a bit by the original owner. Full floating rear axle, bigger brakes, overdrive, Foldout windshield, extra 17 gallon gas tank under the body, roll bar and a metal roof.
I added the military 17 gallon gas tank under the driver seat and a roof mounted spare tire carrier.
Those new 4 door models look great. The classic style with plenty of room.
I see that there are various available tent tops for them too. But with little opportunity for camping anymore I don't lust for a new vehicle.
My aging 4 Runner will have to do.:wink2:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Around here lots of jeeper people with 40" mud tires, 8" lift, snorkel, 6 foot jack straped across the hood, roof rack, jerry cans, tube bumpers with winches and more shackles hanging off them than a 500T crane has on board. As you walk buy them you can see the frame is clean and obviously the vehicle has never even seen a gravel road...

Same here decked out Rubicons lifted big tires suspension upgraded, etc. Not a ding on them.

They all have winches on the front that have never been used.

And then there's the big shiny trucks...

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,306 Posts
I learned more about working on vehicles in 75,000 miles of CJ-5 ownership than in 1,250,000 miles of Toyota ownership.

But damn it was fun taking the doors off and putting my left knee in the breeze. Been thinking of another Jeep recently. Send money......

There is just something about a Jeep. Certainly hard to justify them compared to other vehicles based on acceleration, braking, ride, interior noise, ease of entry, interior room, interior leaks, low visibility, fuel mileage, reliability ( mine has been A+ so far...).

But there is NOTHING that has the resale value of Jeep Wranglers!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts

But there is NOTHING that has the resale value of Jeep Wranglers!

Priced a Toyota FJ?
They go for more used than they did new.

Owning a Cherokee for a few years was enough of the Jeep experience for me. Spent a lot of quality time working on it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts