StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my bike used and wanted to experiment with shield height positions on my 2012 Wee. Upon reinstalling the screws, one of the screw mounts popped out when I tightened the screw; the others were fine. Now I can't get it back in the mounting hole. There is no easy access to remount the screw holder without disassembling the fairing dash; as far as I can see. Is there an easier way to remount the screw holder or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...also, it appears that there is more work involved to move the windshield up and down as there are no other mounts or screw holes to remount the windshield in a lower position. It would have involved some drilling of new holes. I'm I missing something on this as well?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
There should be three sets of holes for the windshield. Some have rubber plugs in them. The rubber nuts are hard to get back in but if you put a screw in and push on it the thing will narrow and go in the hole. When tightening try to hold everything tight against the fairing while turning by hand.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The rubber mount mushrooms as it is tightened to grip the underside of the fairing. After being installed for a number of years they stay mushroomed and are hard to remove and reinstall. You need to stretch them out by threading the fastener in a bit and then push the fastener while holding the flange. That will reduce the mushroom and allow you to work it out or in. There are caps covering the other mounting holes. You have three positions to mount the shield. The nuts are relatively cheap if you want new. Suzuki 09159-05019 - .NUT | Partzilla.com Check with your dealer too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rubber mount mushrooms as it is tightened to grip the underside of the fairing. After being installed for a number of years they stay mushroomed and are hard to remove and reinstall. You need to stretch them out by threading the fastener in a bit and then push the fastener while holding the flange. That will reduce the mushroom and allow you to work it out or in. There are caps covering the other mounting holes. You have three positions to mount the shield. The nuts are relatively cheap if you want new. Suzuki 09159-05019 - .NUT | Partzilla.com Check with your dealer too.
That makes sense. Didn't know they were caps on the other screws. It looked like it was part of the fairing

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts