StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some very minor superficial scratches...one on my tank and one on the plastic fairing that attaches to the tank. What's the best method for fixing these?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Drop it a few times so the dents in the tank and muffler make the scratches look cool :D :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
If they are just light scratches to the finish I used that GS-27 product
*** AS SEEN ON TV*** with good results on the strom and several other bikes and vehicles, but I wonder if they do still sell that stuff?

I think I bought it in '00 for use on the Jeep when the wife (at the time anyway) backed into the bike and transfered paint. Still have half a tube when I used it on some interesting marks on the strom when I got it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try Novus Plastic polish. it comes in stage 1,2 & 3. The #1 is a cleaner/polish for general use, #2 removes minor scratches and #3 will get out serious stuff. I have used it with great success on a lot of plastic parts.

For the paint, If it's just in the clear-coat, any good light rubbing compound followed by a polishing compound and wax will do the trick. It the scratches go deeper than that you need paint!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts