StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It easily can. The Scotts mount replaces the handlebar top clamp so some risers that also do that cannot be used. The type that have the 7/8" diameter lower connection and have enough rise to clear the Scotts body work. I'm not sure how much rise is needed to clear. Rox is a popular brand for the task. Other risers that can be placed on top of the Scotts top clamp and have enough rise to clear can be used with longer screws.

·
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have just been looking at that photo above. How much clearence is there between the scotts and the plastic bit in front of the tank? I have a control knob mounted there on the plastic bit.

Sorry for the hijack

Cheers
TS

·
38,048 Posts
The tower rod support nearly touches the bottom of the plastic frontal piece on mine. I have a garage door button and a Heat-Troller on that piece on mine but they are on the sides, not the middle. Maybe you can see better with this pic. Sorry about the size for those uninterested.

·
Registered
870 Posts
OK, thanks for the photo, my control knob looks exactly the same size as your and is right smack in the center. Hmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts