1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
199 Posts
All those acronyms confused me! And that's not all that hard to do. I'm not sure what you are asking, but thought I would take a gamble and post a picture of my Scotoiler and dispenser in case that was it.

Here's the Scotoiler hiding behind the cowling.

And the dispenser.

If you were looking for something else, just disregard. :yesnod:

Ron :mrgreen:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Filling is pretty easy. The black plug with the vent line pops off and the dispenser tip from the oil bottle fits right in the filler hole. Note that I've got the filler port oriented for the easiest access.

Adjusting the control isn't isn't bad, either. It's a two finger operation. Of course, it would be easier with the oiler out in the open. Now that I have it set where I like it I almost never change it.

Here's another pic:

Here is the oiler on a previous scoot. It should give you an idea of what's hiding behind the panel.

The instructions suggest that the unit can be mounted horizontally, but that reduces the usable oil capacity quite a bit. That's why I went to the trouble to find a place where the oiler could be mounted vertically.

I have it adjusted so that the chain always has a film of oil on it. It's surprising how low the oil usage is. I doubt if I have to fill the reservoir more than once every one or two thousand miles. I imagine it would have to be cranked up some in wetter climes.

Ron :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts