StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently taken advantage of the 10% discount on scottoiler chain lubricating device. Purchased it from their website and was really impressed with the customer service. The day after I placed the order I had a confirmation email from the accounts department and an email from Dave with specific instructions for fitting the unit to a vee. The unit arrived 10 days after the order was placed, not bad for Scotland to Australia.

The actual install process was fairly simple apart from trying to access the vacuum spigot on the throttle body. You will need long nosed pliers and I mean really LONG long nosed pliers to get to the rubber cover on the spigot. I ended up removing the tank and accessing the spigot from the right hand side of the bike, you can just make it out in the photo below.

I ran the vacuum line back to the left hand side of the bike and installed the actual oiler to the strut holding the helmet lock, the more vertical you can mount the unit the more oil you can get in it. The newly designed cage for fitting the unit is really sturdy and the use of cable ties on the square tubing of the strut makes for a good tight fit.

It was now a simple task of running the delivery tube from the bottom of the unit to the dispenser mounted on the paddock stand bobbin. The kit comes with many different options for fitting, the small mounting plate included in the kit needs to be modified slightly by cutting the top of it off to allow for it to fit flush against the swing arm.

Took the bike out for a quick spin (70kms) and was more than happy with the performance of the unit, a light sheen of oil across all links and zero fling onto the rear wheel. Will give it a longer run today and advise if there are any adverse findings.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice, thanks for the write up. I also took advantage of the 10% offer and will be mounting mine tomorrow.

One quick question, does the breather tube off the spout where you fill the oil stay connected all the time, except when you're filling the unit? does the end of this need to be above or below the unit?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Have had the Scottoiler on the 07 since new and find it works perfectly at keeping the chain lubed. Relatively easy to adjust if needed. Mine is mounted under the seat but that new bracket looks interesting. Put on some extension hoses yesterday for the TBS and realised the oiler is hooked up to the spigot on the front throttle body. Just means that the oiler will be connected to it instead of a blanking cap.

Cheers

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Very nice setup.
I have a much older touring kit on my wee, and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Unlike a Pro-Oiler, the Scottoiler requires the lube to migrate accross the chain.
Scott oiler also has an option of the twin needle application. Though does not come with it as shipped.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app, while drinking a latte, eating a burger, driving through a school zone 20 mph over the speed limit with my feet on the wheel!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I had the twin needle on my SV650

it did not distribute the oil any more evenly than the single needle, or provide any better lubrication
Good to know the mount for a single needle looks to be much more robust.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app, while drinking a latte, eating a burger, driving through a school zone 20 mph over the speed limit with my feet on the wheel!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts