StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a new 650X - moving from the Pan European - and loving the Suzuki! Member of the Blue Knights International Law Enforcement MC Scotland 1 Chapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbup:It was... but I'm not missing the weight or power of the Pan (only the lack of luggage till I get some), even though the V is still being run in. Pan was a fine bike & I enjoyed my 4 years with it... but it's expensive to maintain & thought it time to change to something a bit easier to handle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
seems we are neighbours I live in hamilton. I really enjoy my 650 , use it only for solo use buzzing around the quieter roads, and keep the mileage down on the r1200rt for two up trips, but it is not getting much use , so might let it go this summer and just go back to one bike.
See the cops with a few r1200's in livery now , wonder how the reliability is?
Any way, enjoy your bike it punches way above its weight, much more than just the sum of its parts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome aboard only had mine a few weeks and already done more miles than on my now sold yzf had done in the last few years. Wind buffeting was a bit crazy but fixed that by dropping the screen down to lowest setting. Hope you enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cheers guys... re the cops - some English forces are going back to Pan 1300's after the farce of selling them off due to the phamtom wobble!! One force even destroyed theirs by cutting a "V" out of the frame (these are now making their way onto the private market but are in reality write-offs!!). So far I've had no buffeting problems with the screen at its lowest level. Power wise, apart from using gears more, I'm perfectly happy... easier to hold back to legal speeds on the V lol. Mine is a white 10 plate... if you see one about give us a wave! :thumbup:

BTW: The BMW's reliability with the cops isn't good... being described as "the only thing that doesn't go wrong is the badge on the front"!! Having said that, they don't have an easy life on the beat!

·
Registered
52 Posts
luggage

Hi stuart.Lots of infomation on luggage some have photos plus measurements,so after looking i settled on Givi,s E21 side boxes as they look slimmer than other ones i looked at,esp as i travel to london to see my mates which means having to filter through traffic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi stuart.Lots of infomation on luggage some have photos plus measurements,so after looking i settled on Givi,s E21 side boxes as they look slimmer than other ones i looked at,esp as i travel to london to see my mates which means having to filter through traffic.
I've been looking at the E21's (or identical but cheaper Kappa K21's) for their slim profile & have just about settled on these. Maybe with a E45 Top Case for storing helmets etc. The E21's are definately better value than some of the wider kit!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts