StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added the Scorpion and looking good, took all of 10 mins to fit. One issue is that the mounting spacer does catch the bottom of the factory panniers, a little persuasion gets it on. After a chat with the factory technicians I am paying them a visit next Tuesday 25th July to see what mods they need to make.
It looks like 10mm off the spacer would clear the pannier, they might have other ideas. Will update with the results.
Sound is very pleasant not too loud but real nice when you give it some welly accelerating hard. Sound bite to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,820 Posts
I guess you are talking about your muffler. Lovely, I suppose. Do it make it go faster or get better mpg's. Or just more Macho to the open ear.
Those with adequate ear protection don't worry about fluff like that.
My argument would be , "It's not a Ducati. don't try to make it sound like one."
I kinda like the air box honk on my G650GS BMW. It's more noticeable than the exhaust note.>:)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I especially like the look on your black bike. Very attractive.
Some people don't like to mess with their bikes and can be forgiven that. Those of us that do, enjoy these changes and I for one like a little rumble. I did just re-insert the DB busters in my aftermarket exhaust because it's bark was a little obnoxious. I love the sound as I wind her up with some throttle. No Ducati, but sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Huh?:confused:. The stock muffler looks best. The big wide space under the back wheel looks bad. So bike looks better with bags or dual mufflers.
Sorry dude, but your comments make no sense. The muffler is smaller in diameter than the stock one, but mounts to the same mounts. Sooo, this gap you having an issue with is the same as stock. So Huh? back to you. :fineprint:

Actually, it even looks like the gap is less with the aftermarket can - it's even longer than stock. In fact, it makes access to the rear brake a lot easier too. Hmmm, now I'm thinking of getting one. :)

Attachments

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Panniers will hide the gap... Nice can until it falls and hits a rock :-(

·
Registered
14,820 Posts
The weight savings from stock to most aftermarket cans is amazing.
Justifies larger portions at meals.
Actually the Super Trapp on my '89 BMW GS made a wonderful moaning sound.Especially in the canyons in 3rd gear dancing through the twisties.
I was so much younger then, I'm older than that now. Wah!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scorpion Discount for members

For those that may be thinking of a Scorpion, the factory have now changed the bracket and link pipe so the factory panniers fit with proper clearance after I visited them last week. You can see the difference in the size of the bracket spacer, the exhaust now fits closer to the frame, and the link pipe now has a bit of an S kink.
I HAVE ARRANGED DISCOUNT WITH THE FACTORY IF YOU MENTION THE V STROM FORUM WHEN YOU ORDER.

PS who wants to sound like a Ducati, especially when the break down, very quiet!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
320 Posts
Another update on the Scorpion though with the mic so close to the exhaust outlet it sounds more like a tractor! Still working on the TomTom remote mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nPgcGSvqvY
Thanks very much for the clips. Seems tame at idle but wakes up with some throttle. Sounds perfect for what I would want. Looks great too. :smile2:

Btw: Really love the color scheme on your bike. I hope they have that one in U.S. just the perfect amount of bad-assery and class for my taste. Superb!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not my choice

Thanks very much for the clips. Seems tame at idle but wakes up with some throttle. Sounds perfect for what I would want. Looks great too. :smile2:

Btw: Really love the color scheme on your bike. I hope they have that one in U.S. just the perfect amount of bad-assery and class for my taste. Superb!
MariusD The dealer had 3 coming in and they were selling as fast as they arrived, Glass Sparkle Black was the last one unsold and the next shipment had no date. So Glass Sparkle Black it was, I fancied the yellow with a black seat. Dam glad it was the black I had!
The exhausts I had on my TL1000S were Scorpions back in 97, sounded great, the new one has nothing like that sound, but as I often do all day rides the softer sound of this one is much kinder on the ears, but still has that roar when you open it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts