StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I install the Scorpion slip on, are there any tips or things to make the job easier? Is the stocker a double wall pipe to cut? can it be cut on the bike? pipecutter? Is the pipe heat shield re-used? pictures? anyway you can help to make the installation go smooth, let me know.TIA

·
Registered
654 Posts
Gilk how do you like your Scorpion - what is the sound like?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I like it - definitely louder but a good, deep sound.

I have a short sound clip in the link in the previous post.

Several folks have said it sounds similar to a Staintune.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I like the write up you did there, very nice.

Man it is stupid how they place the logo, that just does not look right. How is the logo attached?

Are you happy with the setup overall?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Not sure how they attach the logo but I assume it cannot be moved. Didn't try it though when I got it mounted - too impatient to try it out.

I'm quite happy with it - I like being able to hear the exhaust & I don't think it is too loud. My only complaint is that it seems to have started a vibration about 5000 RPM that causes a buzzing noise somewhere in the front cowl. That may be just a coincidence, but seemed to appear after I added the new can.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gilk51 said:
Not sure how they attach the logo but I assume it cannot be moved. Didn't try it though when I got it mounted - too impatient to try it out.

I'm quite happy with it - I like being able to hear the exhaust & I don't think it is too loud. My only complaint is that it seems to have started a vibration about 5000 RPM that causes a buzzing noise somewhere in the front cowl. That may be just a coincidence, but seemed to appear after I added the new can.
Isn't that logo just stuck on somehow? It sure would make the can look better if you could remove it....just IMO. Do you have SW-MoTech crash bars? Mine caused a vibration and just needed the connection piece at the front tightened up a bit.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
RubberDown said:
Isn't that logo just stuck on somehow? It sure would make the can look better if you could remove it....just IMO. Do you have SW-MoTech crash bars? Mine caused a vibration and just needed the connection piece at the front tightened up a bit.
Yeah, some like it on, some off. I like it on. Not sure how hard it would be to move it.

I have had the SW Motech bars for several months. I'll make sure everything is tight, but I think the new exhaust is resonating somehow - I didn't have the "buzz" before I changed to the Scorpion.

B

·
0 Posts
I have seen several scorpion cans on bikes at bike night that had their decal removed. I had a scorpion exhaust on my Bandit 1200, I have nothing but good things to say about it. I will probably get the dual scorpion cans for my Strom when the time comes. I WILL take off the decals because I don't want them making contact with the strap, and I think that it looks dorky!! Take a heat gun or hairdryer to the decals and a plastic scraper to help lift a corner. They will come off, take some rubbing alcohol and some mothers stainless polish to the residue.

·
Registered
566 Posts
BBurton said:
I have seen several scorpion cans on bikes at bike night that had their decal removed. I had a scorpion exhaust on my Bandit 1200, I have nothing but good things to say about it. I will probably get the dual scorpion cans for my Strom when the time comes. I WILL take off the decals because I don't want them making contact with the strap, and I think that it looks dorky!! Take a heat gun or hairdryer to the decals and a plastic scraper to help lift a corner. They will come off, take some rubbing alcohol and some mothers stainless polish to the residue.
very cool. I think the Scorpion pipe would look excellent with the decals removed!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Does the Scorpion use both muffler mounting bolts? On the stocker there is a bolt to the subframe at both the front and the rear of the muffler. Wondering if the aftermarket cans use both attachment points. Please reply. Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
TheTwins said:
Does the Scorpion use both muffler mounting bolts? On the stocker there is a bolt to the subframe at both the front and the rear of the muffler. Wondering if the aftermarket cans use both attachment points. Please reply. Thanks !!
Yes, only piece not used was the upper hear shield and its two mounting bolts. Everything else lined up. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts