StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just searced the forum and didn't find enything about this helmet(just 400&700). I was wondering what do you think about it? Does the screan get foggy? How good it seals the wind and doest it vent good? Or mabe HJC FS-10 is better?

Thanks, Zygis

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the EXO-700 and it's not bad. Fogging isn't an issue until the coating on the visor wears off. I think the 1000 is probably similar. In any case, a Foggy mask will solve that problem in any helmet.

Check out the EXO-1000 review at Web Bike World. The helmet sounds nice, but it's super heavy. For that price, I would save a little bit more and look at the Shoei RF-1000 or something similar.

My $.02

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thank goodness for that WebBikeWorld because I was that close to getting the EXO-1000...glad I didn't. I have an EXO-700 and it's a good helmet for the price, but it lacks a couple necessary features that you get with high-end helmets. It's not so much about the airflow, but the quality of the airflow. I tried HJC, Nolan, and Scorpion and none of them were able to hit the visor in the right spot to help prevent fogging...thus, their reliance on anti-fog inserts and treatments. Based on that review, I passed on the EXO-1000 and went with the Shoei X-Eleven. Read the reviews on the X-Eleven while you're shopping around. If you #1 issue is airflow and fogging, it's worth every dollar.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not for wide heads.

Make sure you try one on first. I had made my mind up to get the EXO700 until I tried one one. I don't think my head is that big just the wrong shape for the Scorpion helmets. Keep in mind that shape of the helmet matters as much as size.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts