StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever install these systems on a v-strom....seem pretty simple to install.....also considering a xena disc alarm...any thoughts....live in the middle of the city, need to do something...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've got one(SR-i500) on mine but had it installed by the dealer when I got the bike, so can't give any help with how the install is. I did have them use the connector kit for it so no splicing was needed. It has worked well for me so far. Just keep in mind that if you store the bike and the alarm is on it will drain the battery. The longest I've let it sit without starting it and not having a charger on it has been 3 weeks and it was fine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I installed one on my 650, no problem. I used the connector kit sold by Scorpio easy plug in installation. I ordered mine with the perimeter alarm and use it when I'm leaving gear on the bike. Have had the alarm on the bike since new (2 years) and have had no problems.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I mounted my "brain" behind the battery, on the front edge of the tray - moved one of the relays. The perimeter alarm sensor mounted at the right side near the back and the antenna I routed along the left side sub frame rails. A little hard to get to the rear light/brake light wiring to make the connections to the lights, but other than that it is a simple installation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone else have comments on Scorpio systems? Seems like they have been around for a long time and have quality plug and play systems.

I have a Xena X14 right now. I was just thinking more about protecting the loose bags and stuff on long trips. I think the pager helps to because no one pays attention to alarms any more. It also might wake me up at night since I am stuck in an apartment for the time being with a relo. At least with the Xena, they will have to carry my bike away, becuase that ain't coming off quick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had teh iSR-500 on my GSXR and installed it myself using the factory plug in connector. I was a really easy install. Took about 30 min's total even with having to dismantle the entire tail to find a place to hide the unit and run the wiring.

i think they are great system's, the perimeter sensor keeps rubber neckers away from the bike and they have a built in battery back-up so they function even if the battery is cut.

they range on the paging remotes is a little shorter than hey say, but overall great products. I will be getting one for Evey (my V-Strom) very soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know that's why I don't have one yet. But with the permiter sensor it gives you peice of mind that no one is picking at it.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I have had mine since I bought the bike. I had the dealer install it so I don't know if its an easy or hard install. Bike has 30k miles and the alarm has always worked fine. I love being able to leave the Zumo while I get a drink knowing if any one tries to take it off they will get a good scare.

The alarm is loud!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Who's gonna steal a v-strom?
LOL! Never thought about it that way. I heard with the right windscreen they look kind of like a BMW...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts