• Are You Kidding?

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • It Depends

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • I'm too cranky to wave at anyone

Votes: 3 4.8%
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

Registered
Yep, I pretty much wave at'em all. As one has suggested, anyone exposed to the elements. I prolly get a wave back from 80/90% of HD riders here, even club members which didn't use to happen. We as bikers at least in this area were the only ones still running the streets with these ridicules shut down orders.

Registered
I wave at anything with two wheels including scooters and bicycles, at most three wheelers, at cool old cars, at cows (good karma thing from the beginning of Stromtrooper), at Police, at emergency vehicles, at kids, at anyone with a veteran plate on their vehicle, at anyone at an intersection that waits for me to go by, and when slabbing down highways I'll wave at truckers as well.

..Tom
How's the RSI going?馃槀

Premium Member
repetitive strain injury ...ask me how I know.

Registered
2011 ktm 530 2012 dl650 2014 dl1000 2015 ktm 300
On Oahu I don't wave to mopeds. They are everywhere, most riders have only shorts and sandals on. They know their place and never attempt to wave at a geared up motorcyclist. I see them as people who desperately need transportation, but have no passion for riding. The harley riders wave once in a while. I wave if they wave first. Most don't wave though. Definitely would not initiate a wave to them. A guy could get into some trouble waving to the wrong bagger club member.

Premium Member
I wave at everyone, if I鈥檓 outside my house and I hear a motorcycle go by on the 4 lane 500 yards away I wave. They can鈥檛 see me, but I still wave. I love waving at little kids on dirt bikes also.
I used to wave at every helmeted person. Didn't matter what they were riding.
Now I don't initiate the wave but I'll usually wave back.

I don't do the HD 2 finger down at the road "I'm to cool for you" wave though. 馃榿

Funny out in the deserted places I like going to most everybody seems to wave cars, trucks, etc. I've had truckers give me thumbs up probably because they don't see a lot of bikes out there.

Registered
Sunday as rode into town I passed a motorcyclist coming towards me, waved, and a minute later encountered a scooter...and did not. Just didn't feel right. I would have if we were out on a lonely road, but in town, just no.

So what's your policy when it comes to giving scoots the wave?
Without doubt you should wave to all motorcyclists. They are you default roadside assistance.
In Australia it was universal behaviour 40 years ago but we now have a group of riders who have their head up their backside and they mostly ride Harleys. They are too arrogant to wave and for riders of such unreliable bikes I can only put it down to snobbery or they are midlife crisis riders who really can not be considered motorcyclists. Harleys in Oz basically are expensive garage ornaments ,barely ridden and usually only on a fine weekend day and usually only to a place to show them off. Feel sorry for them and now have decided to not wave to their arrogant riders.

Registered
in the Land Down Under, what I鈥檝e noticed is adv riders can wave to road bike riders, but not harley鈥檚 and the cruiser type bike (they鈥檙e too cool to wave), no nods or waves for scooter riders (they鈥檙e not real bikes) and none for cafe-racers either. Having said that, I鈥檒l return a wave/nod to anyone.

Registered
Little bit off topic.... but good story... I was following 2 buddies on their HD's through a small town last week, and a mom with 2 little boys crossed the street in front of us. The kids heard the HD's and sat right down on the curb to watch us go by. My buddies either didn't see them, or just ignored them. When I went past them I tooted the horn and waved at them, the look on their faces was priceless!

Registered
I wave even to pedal bikes. I never know if it might be the only nice jesture they've seen in a week. If it brings even the tiniest bit of joy into someone's life, it's worth it.

If some stuck up dude can't appreciate a friendly wave, its their loss.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

61 - 71 of 71 Posts