Strom Trooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i gathered in 242 miles under sunny skies, in occasional stiff breezes, amid comfy temps. i cruised hwy 94 from rancho san diego til it ran into old hwy 80, taking it to its eastern terminus at I-8, where, on the other side of the freeway, i stopped at desert tower. from there i rode another 27 miles to hook up to sunrise highway to mt laguna, then on to home sweet home.

arriving in rcho san diego required a few minutes (LOL) and 45-50 miles of slab-arooni.

i took a few pix:

the road ahead

dazzling downtown dulzura

biker friendly bbq

wrong punctuation

potrero PO

tecate turn-off, but i do not venture into ol' mexico

narrow subway

old bldgs

border wall

beemer

1974 cord-pull start, 450,000 miles or so. owner a bit older than i. he served in korea about three yrs before i did in 1968.

view into desert from sunrise hwy

fun road to ride down there - S2. felt like bein' on the moon first time i tackled it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
today i gathered in 242 miles under sunny skies, in occasional stiff breezes, amid comfy temps. i cruised hwy 94 from rancho san diego til it ran into old hwy 80, taking it to its eastern terminus at I-8, where, on the other side of the freeway, i stopped at desert tower. from there i rode another 27 miles to hook up to sunrise highway to mt laguna, then on to home sweet home.
WHAT grass is supposed to be green??? Ours is either brown or white.:crying2:

Brian

·
Registered
14,015 Posts
I had a kinda horrible meal at Barretts once. Didn't make me want to go back. There used to be a great BMW Octoberfest rally at Potrero. Done Hwy94 lotso times. Great riding in San Diego co.
The museum and train ride at Campo are kinda neat. That was the last Buffalo Soldier training place I think. Camp Lockett.
Have you checked out the Desert View tower on the east side of the mountains over looking the desert off I 8?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked out the Desert View tower on the east side of the mountains over looking the desert off I 8?
yep. was there yesterday

dunno why i did not include it.

i also checked out lake morena village. some of the older houses remind me of a film-noir stage set, but i felt reluctant to take pics of private homes...ah, well....

·
Registered
14,015 Posts
Another buncha BMW folks, the RA used to have camp outs at Lake Morena. Some one brought a Spud Gun. That was a hoot. Potato's away!

·
Registered
402 Posts
IHateSteveinSanDiego.com

Just kidding, brother. Jealous. Ride on!

Ya know, the weather in northern Idaho still sucks and my bike sits in the shop waiting on the recall kit and install of two new Tourance Next tires. Going stir-crazy waiting to hit the road! :crying2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put on 350 kms a few days ago up here in Alberta. It was 4 degrees Celsius. Nice cool riding weather and the roads were nice and dry. Dropped down to a more seasonal -12 today so the bike sits.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still a little too cold here in N. Arizona to ride comfortable yet..... Snow and Ice in shady spots.

I know... Cold? Arizona? Come to the Grand Canyon and you'll see what happens at 7000'. I hear Phoenix is blistering hot already. You can have that desert.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just kidding, brother. Jealous. Ride on!

Ya know, the weather in northern Idaho still sucks and my bike sits in the shop waiting on the recall kit and install of two new Tourance Next tires. Going stir-crazy waiting to hit the road! :crying2:
now THAT'S funny!!! (the subtitle)

btw, you are envious, not jealous. (just to clear the air...>:) )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts