StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a little guy, we lived in Endicott overlooking the Susquehanna River. I haven't been back there in (gulp!) almost fifty years and am thinking it might be a good motorcycle destination. I have family in Schenectady that I want to drop in on (and stay overnight), an old friend of my now-deceased parents who lives in Greene and I might want to check out the Farmers Museum in Cooperstown (Sorry, not a baseball fan).

What do you locals know about the roads in that area? I'd like to avoid 88 as much as possible and it looks like 7 pretty much parallels the interstate. Are there any roads out thataway that I should put on my must-ride list while I'm out there?

·
Registered
96 Posts
avoiding I-88

I like route 28 out of Kingston NY (side trip to Woodstock if you want) and then get on route 30 outside of Margretville thru Downsville down to NY 17. In my opinion NY 30 is one of the top MC roads in the Catskills area.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, scooter!

I appreciate the tips. Chirosyd mentioned Route 30 in a post elsewhere on this web site, too. I've marked your route suggestions on my map.

I see that you're out in North Brookfield. I ride through your town a lot when I hook up for a day's worth of riding with my Multistrada-riding buddy who lives near Lancaster. We usually ride out 62 to 32A-South and then wind our way through N. Brookfield on 148.

One of my favorite pieces of trivia is that "Podunk" is a village/section of North Brookfield. Many years ago, I travelled to N. Brookfield regularly for furniture auctions in Langevin's Big Red Barn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts