StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for their advice, insights, assistance and camaraderie over the past few years. I said a fond farewell to my faithful '13 Wee and have gone back to the dark side, recently picking up a 2015 BMW R 1200 GS LC. While the Wee fit me OK and I put a LOT of time and money in to her, for a guy my size, I always felt I was riding at 80% capacity most of the time. Not a lot of wiggle room when it came to passing etc. unless I dropped a gear or two and set the kettle to boiling. Oddly enough, the guy who bought her is 6'5" and he was simply tickled at how she fit him...

The 1200 is reminiscent of the R 1150 GS I owned before the Wee. It simply fits me better and starting with the test ride, I had a B.O.G. (big ol' grin!) on my face. I briefly considered a new V 1050, since the new updates make it a much better adventure bike. But I got a great deal on the BMW and it's off on the next adventure...

Best to everyone, ride safe and always remember..."a journey of a thousand miles begins with the twist of a key"! :cool:

Bendmac
Central Oregon

Registered
Yea, what he said馃憜. I had the same issues as you, always wringing it out, 13 DL650 and I am 6'4" 250. I am on a VFRX now and much happier with the performance for my size. I still hang around here, its a pretty good forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts