StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted about this someplace else but can't find it. Here's the story, seat on my DL650 cramps me up to the tank and much to low. I'm 5'11. After 100 miles my legs hurt like hell. Swap seat for a DL1000 seat. Slightly better, but not much. Think about getting seat raised but realise I just want to move back a little more.

Add Motorcycle Larry's footpeg lowering kit. This looks much nicer than the stuff from the Dutch website and takes 20 mins to fit. Bike now good for a whole day in the saddle.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vstromper said:
:shock: WOW :shock:

maybe you should dye your tank bra to match.
Yeah. I thought that as soon as put the seat on.

The seat matches my eyes. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Your bike is probably a one of a kind with that color seat. I like it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
snafu,

I have also thought about the same mod and seat shape. 8) I have the DL1000 seat on my wee strom now. Like you said it is a little better.

Did you cut and shape the DL650 or DL1000 seat?

Could you give some information on Motorcycle Larry's footpeg lowering kit? Do you have a picture of the lowered footpegs?

Cheers!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A1A said:
snafu,

I have also thought about the same mod and seat shape. 8) I have the DL1000 seat on my wee strom now. Like you said it is a little better.

Did you cut and shape the DL650 or DL1000 seat?

Could you give some information on Motorcycle Larry's footpeg lowering kit? Do you have a picture of the lowered footpegs?

Cheers!
The Motorcycle Larry lowering kit is a ten minute job to fit if you got circlip pliers. As the other post says you may want to lower the brake and gear pedals, but it's not hard to do. Parts look like stock on the bike - two machined alloy L brackets, very nicely made. Gives you an inch or more leg room. Great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts