StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a request to all of you who have installed satellite radion on your bikes to either post a picture of where you installed the docking station or send me the picture, I will gladly host it and post it :)

I have most of my pieces in place, I'm just unsure if I want to put it on a dash shelf (possible water damage, worry about locking it all the time, etc), somewhere else, or maybe even in my trunk, if the remote will reach it to change channels.

Edit: bill @ thejonesnetwork . net (remove spaces)

Thanks in advance,
Bill

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bill,

I mounted my AudioVox radio on the dash shelf. (made a little bracket for the docking station) Everything including the bracket is in a small water proof bag (cheap colman if I remember). Have had no problems with the any water or anybody tampering with it.
If you still want a picture let me know.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sirius Starmate Replay

I mounted my Starmate Replay (Sirius) on a RAM that doubles as 4-screw generic mount and a single-pin camera mount. Getting 2-in-1 from the same mount is awesome. Mounted to the handlebars, the radio controls are easier to reach and all of the wires can be routed with all the other control cables.

As far as water protection, I figure a clear plastic bag with a draw-string would work. For now, I have a ziploc baggie and a rubberband ready for an emergency.

I haven't taken any pictures yet because I needed to get it put back together so I could ride to work this morning. I'll send the pics when I get them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
sasquatch said:
I'm making a request to all of you who have installed satellite radion on your bikes to either post a picture of where you installed the docking station or send me the picture, I will gladly host it and post it :)

Thanks in advance,
Bill
I used one of these: http://cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=RDYRS
I had to slot the holes a little, and it is very close to the mirror, but the upside is that it is right at my fingertips, and I can remove it easily in case it rains.

KevinL

·
Registered
981 Posts
Rbertalotto

The Pelican case is a great idea for waterproofing. I had to use a ziploc baggie yesterday when I got caught in the rain...not pretty, but it worked well.

I looked at your photo gallery and you did a lot of excellent work. The last five pictures in the gallery made me cringe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts