StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new guy, but I had a quick question. Basically, I want to be able to listen to satellite radio on my DL650 from time to time (2004 model), and I wanted to do so as cheaply as possible.

I tried searching for an answer, but I couldn't find exactly what I needed to know. Is there something I can do to essentially mount something on my handlebar stem, mount my [Sirius] radio onto that, and then run the power off the bike? I'm not exactly a seasoned engineer, but I can do simple repairs and projects.

Any links to a site that sells a kit (that fits a DL650) or just a basic description of what to do/what to buy, would help out immensely.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
You could also look at getting a radar shelf, and puting it on top, or if you get a smaller unit, under but above the controls. I have been thinking of the shelf and switching my XM receiver from a Tao to one of the newer, smaller units. XM has the AGT Sportscaster which is very small, and Sirius has some really thin "visor" style solutions too. Thinking of the XM Roady XT or whether the Skyfi 3 is worth it. I decided not to mount the Tao because of the design of the unit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The one thing is make sure you buy one with a volume control. I had the visor and not be able to adjust the volume was a pain, got rid of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Pioneer XM portable radio. I keep it in the clear cell phone pocket on top of my tank bag. It works great. I can take it into my tent, use it in my truck and boat. I highley recommend it. I have it running through the Autocom system and bought a $20 amplifier from Radio Shack, it does fine on it's own but I like it loud enough to hear when my visor is up at 80mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts