StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet bike at our local Gastonia nc store. It is a euro display bike feels balanced well and fits like a glove, not real fond of the rear rack and grab handles I believe their made of some type plastic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was going to visit my local dealer to get a filter for my bike, but now I am scared. I might sit on one and buy it and that will not be good for my marriage. Last year I sat on Super Tenere and had been itching to buy it for months - I got over it for now.:green_lol:

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I was going to visit my local dealer to get a filter for my bike, but now I am scared. I might sit on one and buy it and that will not be good for my marriage. Last year I sat on Super Tenere and had been itching to buy it for months - I got over it for now.:green_lol:

Maybe sit on it........but whatever you do........ don't take it for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm kinda skeered to sit on one, but know I will.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
No fear here, I am not in the market for one (very happy with the 650 I have). Expect that if they get one in here at my local dealers I will look at it and even may sit on it but that is as far as it will go. I will keep my money in the bank. The last motorcycle I bought new was in 1971. I just don't believe in buying new. I let other people take the hit on depreciation.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
225 Posts
For some of us depreciation means nothing. My economic strategy has always been to buy old houses and new cars/motorcycles.

Having said that I agree the smartest money is on the used bike. But I like new, or maybe I just like things that are all shiny and stuff.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
For some of us depreciation means nothing. My economic strategy has always been to buy old houses and new cars/motorcycles.

Having said that I agree the smartest money is on the used bike. But I like new, or maybe I just like things that are all shiny and stuff.
Guys like you keep guys like me in nice used bikes.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Guys like you keep guys like me in nice used bikes.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
Great comeback Doug! My 2011 Wee is heading back to the dealer I bought it from as a trade in towards my Vee2. I am sure the Wee will find a good home. I'm gonna miss that Wee!:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Sweet bike at our local Gastonia nc store. It is a euro display bike feels balanced well and fits like a glove, not real fond of the rear rack and grab handles I believe their made of some type plastic.
I noticed this too on the display bike I saw at the IMS show in January, the tail rack was kind of a thin plastic. However, the rack on my production model is much more robust and heavier, it feels like either cast aluminium or a heavy epoxy-reinforced thick plastic (like whatever the flat tail rack on the Wee is made of). I've noticed a few things that seemed thin or somewhat cheesy-looking on the display bike, like the silver upper cowl panels that were so thin you could easily flex them with your fingers, are a little bit thicker and more "productionized" (they still flex however but feel more like aluminum or heavy plastic rather than paper). The Suzuki guys at the IMS show kept stressing it was a prototype bike and now I see why.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Always happy to be of service.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have bought new bikes and used ones also. Never regretted any of the purchases.

Sometimes you need to follow your heart. Life is short and even more uncertain. Buy new if it tugs at your heart, if you can wait for it to show up used you may not have the same desire.

I am undergoing a traumatic experience. A dealer I frequent has a 2012 Super Tenere (brand new left over) and a tan 2014 Vstrom coming in a couple weeks. He will not budge on the Vstrom price and is getting tired of looking at the Tenere. The prices are within a few hundred dollars. I believe I could build a great bike out of both of them but keep finding fault with them individually. I hate to admit it, but I may sideline myself another year and keep riding old faithful. The new Vee looks uglier than the old one and about as ugly as an S10.

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
I have bought new bikes and used ones also. Never regretted any of the purchases.

Sometimes you need to follow your heart. Life is short and even more uncertain. Buy new if it tugs at your heart, if you can wait for it to show up used you may not have the same desire.

I am undergoing a traumatic experience. A dealer I frequent has a 2012 Super Tenere (brand new left over) and a tan 2014 Vstrom coming in a couple weeks. He will not budge on the Vstrom price and is getting tired of looking at the Tenere. The prices are within a few hundred dollars. I believe I could build a great bike out of both of them but keep finding fault with them individually. I hate to admit it, but I may sideline myself another year and keep riding old faithful. The new Vee looks uglier than the old one and about as ugly as an S10.

Huh...........are you being serious?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yes....very serious. I have grown fond of the old vee/wee styling. The new wee is sexy, the new vee has spent too much time in the styling by committee phase. Instead of BMWizing the vee, they should have followed the wee's new styling instead.

However, if the new vee suspension is up to snuff I may relent. But shaft drive sure would be nice. I do not like the radiator set up of the S10, why they used a side flow radiator on a dirt bike escapes me. The S10 weighs a bunch also. It appears you could rebuild a vee for the effort a valve adjust takes on the S10.

Indecision is killing me. In less than 2500 miles I will have reached 100,000 mostly trouble free miles on old faithful.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes....very serious. I have grown fond of the old vee/wee styling. The new wee is sexy, the new vee has spent too much time in the styling by committee phase. Instead of BMWizing the vee, they should have followed the wee's new styling instead.

However, if the new vee suspension is up to snuff I may relent. But shaft drive sure would be nice. I do not like the radiator set up of the S10, why they used a side flow radiator on a dirt bike escapes me. The S10 weighs a bunch also. It appears you could rebuild a vee for the effort a valve adjust takes on the S10.

Indecision is killing me. In less than 2500 miles I will have reached 100,000 mostly trouble free miles on old faithful.
A test ride on each may make the decision easier. I was pretty interested in the S10 until I took a test ride and really didn't like it at all. If I had bought it without a test ride I would have been pretty bummed out. I was so sure the S10 would be great, it fit me so well in the showroom, but a ride reveals a lot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts