StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sposed to be cloudy but not rainy tomorrow.

Anyone up for a jaunt somewhere? Anywhere?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
After this past week I wish I drank more than coffee. Spent 6 days in a Motorcycle training course with the SO. So much info in a short time was actually quite overwhelming. But I am a better rider now and just need to practice on the 650 instead of a 250 school bike. Think I need a couple hip replacements after riding a 250 Virago all week.
Oh yah, I will buy coffee for anyone riding up here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like rain coming in...

Hey WW,

Really starting to get windy down here, and it seems like its going to rain. So I think the run today is going to be canceled.

I'll stay in touch, tho!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kool pics!

Looks like you had a good run!

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Sunday May 5th

Splat & I had planned to go for a ride around Bowen Island, but the rainy weather altered our plans a bit, and we headed out toward Mission instead, trying to run from the rain.

Despite the weather, it was a really good ride. All in all, we did about 180 km. Unfortunately, there were no good pictures from the ride.

We started at Hastings & Rupert, headed east along Hastings, Barnet Highway, Lougheed Highway, up Dewdney trunk road, messed about some other roads in the Mission area, hit Rolley Lake (past the monastery / meditation centre) the Stave Lake Dam (I didn't know it was a museum!) http://www.bchydro.com/recreation/mainland/mainland5361.html

After that we stopped for lunch in Mission, hopped across the Albion ferry (bikes get priority loading - woo-hoo!) through Fort Langley, and then back across the Port Mann bridge (boo! Hiss!)

All in all a really good ride.

[EDIT:] Oh yeah, and I waved to cows along the way!

- BCB

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did go to the demo day.

Rode a few bikes:

M109R - Hilarious, talk about a rumble, not my favorite riding position but nevertheless an absolute hoot to go for a little ride.

Bandit 1250 ABS - It was incredibly smooth, I had to check the tach. when stopped at a light to make sure it was still running, no FI issues with this one. Endless quiet power. Front brake was very strong, one finger effort. Much more effective than my DL1000 front brake. The windscreen was good too, quieter and far less turbulence than the strom.

SV650 - a fun little bike, seat was hard though

DL650 - because it was there. I rode one before I bought the 1000, but it was available and I thought it would be interesting.

First thing I noticed is how easy the clutch effort was. I always though hydraulic clutches were supposed to be easier! I did notice how much "busier" I was shifting gears a lot more.

Oh well - time to go home. All things considered...I'm happy with mine. (although that Bandit was very nice.)

·
Registered
97 Posts
New boots

Well done. They look just the ticket.

I spent yesterday, another pair of gloves locally made for driving in the Miata. I had just been to get more stuff burnt of my hands with liquid nitrogen so splurged on these

http://www.watsongloves.com/product.html?id=435

They also have motorcycle gloves

Many items $10 or less in numerous bins

Worth a ride to see

1 - 12 of 12 Posts