StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out both of these Sargent seats on a DL1000? Is there a benefit to going one way or the other?

I see the mention of extra grip for off-road riding for the Performance model. I’m just looking for something that’s more long-haul friendly and had a larger/wider seating area. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Personally, I always get seats with "enduro" fabric for my street bikes. Slippery seats use up a lot more muscle energy than you might expect by the end of a day's ride. (and don't worry, it is not velcro)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, I always get seats with "enduro" fabric for my street bikes. Slippery seats use up a lot more muscle energy than you might expect by the end of a day's ride. (and don't worry, it is not velcro)
That is part of my problem with the OEM seat. After 30 minutes or so, I find myself shifting and sliding around attempting to get comfortable on the seat. There is just nowhere to shift/go that’s comfortable.

On the material...any idea what they mean by “minimal” care required for the sport/enduro seat? Occasional seat conditioner or just hose it off when it gets dirty?

I didn't give much thought to the material. Thank you.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Check out the Russell Day Long seats. I picked up a used one and it has been one of the very best buys I've made for my V1000. ? ? ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the Russell Day Long seats. I picked up a used one and it has been one of the very best buys I've made for my V1000. ? ? ?
I’ve heard good things about them, but I’ve got no interest in sourcing another OEM seat pan to send off to them (I ride mine daily so I’m not sending mine off to get recovered).

If I decide that I don’t like the Sargent seat...they’ve got a 30 day return policy, so I can take advantage of that and then maybe re-visit this option.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
On the material...any idea what they mean by “minimal” care required for the sport/enduro seat? Occasional seat conditioner or just hose it off when it gets dirty?

I didn't give much thought to the material. Thank you.
I don't know what they mean by that. "Durable and textured DTX vinyl seating inserts with special GRIPZONES side panels." They describe as vinyl. Maybe it will collect more dust ... Or if one does serious dirt riding, I suppose retained dirt could become abrasive (?).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the performance plus version. Should get it sometime next week. Looking forward to trying it out for my commute (assuming I won't be on full-time telework by the time it gets here).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts