StromTrooper banner

Sargent seats breaking in?

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  dao270 
#1 ·
Are Sargents supposed to have a break in period like corbins? I thought I read or heard somewhere that they are not. Thought I'd check in with some other owners of Sargent Seats.

Dom

#5 ·
Mine seemed very hard out of the box. I previously had a stock seat with Spencer's seat mod which is softer (which I probably will sell if anyone is interested).

One year and some 3,000 miles later, the Sargent is softer than when new and is more comfortable. My only complaint with the stock and the Sargent is that I get the "roll forward" which is a hassle. That is why I got the Sargent in the first place and I still get it to some degree.

Other than that, the seat is great and the storage tube underneath is excellent for holding the registration and other items.

#6 ·
My experience improved over the first 1000 miles. Maybe the seat was breaking me in.

#7 ·
After 9000 Kms under my butt, my custom Sargent-built seat feels more comfortable than when I first bought it used from someone else (I don't know the mileage he put on it). It now has very minor depressions where my cheeks sit most of the time.

I realize that in the mileage I have done this year, I have barely given the seat any thought at all - which must be a good sign. Some of it may be my accepting the seat for what it is (a large improvement over the stock) without expecting a lazy-boy feel to it. I'd have to say mine has continued to break in, but has shown no signs of breaking down. The original I'm sure would have continued just as much in breaking me in and down.

I'm repeating old posts here, but note that I do not have the stock Sargent design, but a flat custom seat with no cut-out, built on the stock pan. It does have the hard foam of the standard Sargent seat, I've been told.

#8 ·
seat

Mine felt good right out of the box; and now about 60,000km later it's still just as good. Seemed expensive at the time of purchase and now I've forgotten the cost; but it was worth it.

#9 ·
I'm curious as I bought a sargent seat off another member. It looks brand new so I imagine it's not really broken in to anyones rear end yet. Did about 250 miles today. Much better than the stock. But I was not raring to go another 250. I was hoping for more comfort. I heard many people talk about riding all day after they installed a sargent. I was hoping for the same results.

#11 ·
The seat edge cut into my thighs at first. After a while, it stopped doing that. If compression setting to specific body contours isn't breaking in, I don't know what is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.