StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled on a site yesterday that is selling the sargent seat for about $319.00 and now I can't find the site, any clues?
Thanks John:confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
No longer available at Sandhill...

You at least get a good return policy and double warranty at Sargent seat direct. I ordered mine yesterday and about 2 week wait.,

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
watcher said:
No longer available at Sandhill...

You at least get a good return policy and double warranty at Sargent seat direct. I ordered mine yesterday and about 2 week wait.,
Yeah - but for $100 difference in price.

Granted, I'm tired of my butt and legs hurting from the stock seat after 500 miles in the saddle, but I still have a hard time justifying over $400. I can justify it at $319, but that is about the most I'm willing to spend.

I know, I'm a cheap bastard - but I don't have money trees in my back yard.

Tige

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sargent

Thanks all, I asked for a price from sandhill and they emailed me back with an available price of $319.00 Woo pee!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I bought my Sargent from Sandhills. I just checked now and the Strom seat is no longer listed on their web page. Maybe they've sold their allotment for this year? Their price was pretty darn good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a GREAT seat. I have the double heated version and feel very good on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a $319 Sargent Seat

Purchased Sargent seat online through MAW (Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse). Drove the bike twice and the upholstery started tearing on both sides. I contacted Sargent directly and they have had me ship it to them, at my cost, for repair/replacement. I think it would have been wiser and maybe cheaper in the long run to order directly through Sargent.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Get the Suzuki gel seat, works about as good as Sargent and mine cost like $79. The Sargent is a good seat but it has a box on the underside for storage that hits your but on long rides. Or take send your stock seat to Spencer, he does wonders for cheap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm looking at Sargent now too. Sporttour sells them now for $369.

Isn't one of the knocks on the gel seat how hot the gets in the summer sun? I live in Oklahoma and don't want to ride home on a lava bed after a days work.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Y'all can keep spending big $$$ and I will applaud your patriotic efforts to stimulate the economy, but after trying a Sargent on the Wee and various custom and Corbin seats on other bikes this is still the best solution I have found:
http://www.rei.com/product/723134

But that's just my old butt -- yours may be more shapely.:)

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Yes, the gel seat gets very hot when sitting in the sun. Bothered me enough that I yanked the gel when I had some mods done on my seat. I think I gave up some comfort but for me it was a fair trade.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I bought a Sargent through Sandhill a few weeks ago, $325 including shipping, not sure they have seats or not, BUT they do have a 15 day return policy, 10% re-stock fee and you pay return shipping. I believe direct through Sargent is $429 PLUS shipping.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Granted, I'm tired of my butt and legs hurting from the stock seat after 500 miles in the saddle, but I still have a hard time justifying over $400. Tige

HOLY crap man. You did that Alaska trip on the stocker huh? You deserve a monkey butt award for that at least!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Get the Suzuki gel seat, works about as good as Sargent and mine cost like $79. The Sargent is a good seat but it has a box on the underside for storage that hits your but on long rides.

Box?

Mine came with an awesome soft plastic tube that bungies to a contour in the seat pan. Its perfect for stashing my tire repair kits. Maybe a newer version.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts